Goodbye (for now)

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
"Tannin ol' boy, according to my calculationz, Hawaii zhould be juzt pazt thiz zchool of tuna"

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Great, they'll be coming ashore here pretty soon. Mubs, it's time we clear the area. We'll hide out in Puyallup with Steve. Tannin and Tea probably can't even pronounce the name, so they'll never find us. :)

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Sorry, Buck, you'll have to go alone :( . I can't pronounce that either, and don't have a clue as to where it is :x :oops: ! Since I can't run and can't hide, maybe I'll just have to end up welcoming those Aussies to the West Coast. :wink:

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
mubs said:
I can't pronounce that either, and don't have a clue as to where it is
Seattle's area. Well, probably within an hour at least. Not far from Mt. Rainier too. SF administrator Grotlz lives there.

As for the pronounciation, well...I could show you how I would say it in French.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
ddrueding said:
Wow, this is where ya'll went....who created an account for me? If they show up here (Central Coast of CA) I'll let you know....

Your account was created on 04 Feb 2002and you have 7 posts. How did you happen to wander back by this establishment? :)

ddrueding

Fixture
Howell said:
ddrueding said:
Wow, this is where ya'll went....who created an account for me? If they show up here (Central Coast of CA) I'll let you know....

Your account was created on 04 Feb 2002and you have 7 posts. How did you happen to wander back by this establishment? :)

I remembered it at random last night while intoxicated....go figure ;)

Now it's part of my startup group, so expect to see me around :)

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
ddrueding said:
Howell said:
ddrueding said:

I remembered it at random last night while intoxicated....go figure ;)

Now it's part of my startup group, so expect to see me around :)
Uh oh... Still trying to predict the future I see. :)

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I think we need to telephone Ballarat to see if anyone there has a clue where our itinerant tree-dweller is.

DrunkenBastard

Storage is cool
Yup it was opening day yesterday, unfortunately it was too warm and no wind, so the cunning bastiches lay down in the cornfields. I did see one which I laid 5 rounds towards, sadly didn't touch him. Then a 7 point buck[/b[] tried to run me over when we were pushing a cornfield, by the time I got the gun up it ran the other way and got holed by the three hunters on the other side who could see it. Two guys ended up sharing it. Wierdest thing of the day was a guy who got a nice 10 pointer, when he got home the deer wasn't in his truck. I don't yet know if he drove off with the tailgate down or someone stole it.

Going out again tomorrow. We need some snow and windy conditions real bad. Worst opening day in years.

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
DrunkenBastard said:
Yup it was opening day yesterday, unfortunately it was too warm and no wind, so the cunning bastiches lay down in the cornfields. I did see one which I laid 5 rounds towards, sadly didn't touch him. Then a 7 point buck[/b[] tried to run me over when we were pushing a cornfield, by the time I got the gun up it ran the other way and got holed by the three hunters on the other side who could see it. Two guys ended up sharing it. Wierdest thing of the day was a guy who got a nice 10 pointer, when he got home the deer wasn't in his truck. I don't yet know if he drove off with the tailgate down or someone stole it.

Going out again tomorrow. We need some snow and windy conditions real bad. Worst opening day in years.

Good lord, four hunters in the same corn field going after the very same Buck at the very same time? How many friggin' hunters get shot up there on opening day? Yikes!

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Merc said:
Sounds like we should arm the deer to prevent hunter overpopulation.
Seconded. Going about killing those handsome animals! Tsk, Tsk.

I'll bet one of the four hunters was Pradeep. Why do you think he bought a set of expensive snow tyres for his car? Just you wait, DB, when it really snows, he'll out-tyre and out-gun ya.

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
By the way DB just how long does it take to fire off five rounds? Did the deer not catch on to what you were up to when you missed the first four times and just stood there until it figured things out? I mean are NY deer really that stupid? Or did it catch on quick enough that you were trying to kill it but was just a very slow running deer? Enquiring minds want to know...

its.fubar

Learning Storage Performance
No flagreen You have totally misunderstood the deer realize it was being hunted by New Yorkers who couldn't find their way to the end off the street without somebody first showing them the way but if you equipped them with a so called Smart Weapon they might do better next time.

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
flagreen said:
By the way DB just how long does it take to fire off five rounds? Did the deer not catch on to what you were up to when you missed the first four times and just stood there until it figured things out? I mean are NY deer really that stupid? Or did it catch on quick enough that you were trying to kill it but was just a very slow running deer? Enquiring minds want to know...

DB,

I hope you understand that this was intended as good natured ribbing only. I forgot to put the smily face at the end of it.

Bill

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
It sure seems that our furry friend and her owner are a cooee from home, has anybody called the Ballarat shop? Maybe Tannin and Tea were over powered by a bunyip or a bushranger on their expedition?

ddrueding

Fixture
Buck said:
It sure seems that our furry friend and her owner are a cooee from home, has anybody called the Ballarat shop? Maybe Tannin and Tea were over powered by a bunyip or a bushranger on their expedition?

Well, in an attempt to find what store is his, I did the usual google thing. And came up with this Kinda interesting, but not what I'm after.

DrunkenBastard

Storage is cool
flagreen said:
Good lord, four hunters in the same corn field going after the very same Buck at the very same time? How many friggin' hunters get shot up there on opening day? Yikes!

Well we were all in line so when the buck went ahead of us it could be shot at without concern of hitting someone else - this being all private land.

One guy in NY was shot in the nose on opening day, apparently some 20 year old shot at a deer when it ran between him and his hunting partner, fired off 5 rounds. Very lucky not to be dead, had to have reconstructive surgery. On a brighter note no hunter wearing blaze orange has been killed since 1992. Mostly it's idiots running around in full forest camo. All common sense, identify your target and what lies behind it before putting your finger on the trigger.

DrunkenBastard

Storage is cool
flagreen said:

LOL no offense taken. The deer was about 60-70m out, so it couldn't tell where I was shooting from. I just kept shooting till someone yelled out, I had to stop for safeties sake, tho it was just one of our hunting group wondering what was going on. I need to get a scope for the shottie.

On a brighter note I got a button buck yesterday morning, i was in a ladder stand and the sneaky thing came out of very thick bush just behind me. Got a nice shot behind the shoulder and it was down within 10m. Not real big but I wasn't complaining. Plus it was pissing down with rain. Less than one inch antlers so I used a deer management tag on it. Sweet tenderloins for breakfast on Saturday!

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
Buck said:
Has anybody called the Ballarat shop?

Not recently. Some time ago I tried calling to order some parts as a joke and just to talk to Tannin. I must have tried every other day for a month during the Redhill lunch breaks but I always heard the operator message "All circuits are busy...". I've been meaning to tlak to James about that. :mrgrn: