Google Maps

.Nut

Learning Storage Performance
sechs said:
Yes, and I find MapQuest to be better.

Yes, I also use MapQuest. It's a bit more up-to-date than the Google Maps. Yahoo Maps is also good.

Before MapQuest, I used MapBlast because MapBlast was faster. However, MapBlast went commercial suddenly (i.e. -- pay-for-view maps), then they went out of business (apparently) after about a year of that crap.

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
I find MapQuest and Yahoo Maps to be correct only about 85-90% of the time. The remainder, they're not only off but off spectacularly. By miles. This is not good when getting driving directions that your need (vs. just want for verification).

I've only been playing with Google maps for about the past week and have found them so far to be accurante within about 100 feet.

ddrueding

Fixture
earth.google.com is amazing. It's incredible not just from the information it provides, but in the tools it offers and how efficiently it presents it's data. The day it came out I spent hours just surfing around the earth checking things out. Apparently they also have the moon in there as well.

Adcadet

Storage Freak
I love Google Maps because I can switch between map, satellite, and hybrid modes. I've found it very useful to get an idea of what my destination actually looks like. When I really need to know I typically use Google, Mapquest (which I put onto my PDA), and Yahoo.