Happy 2013!

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
A Very Happy 2013 to all! We've put the Mayan calendar "catastrophe" behind, here's to wishing 2013 and later being productive, happy years for all.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
INDEED! My wife and I are so happy 2012 is coming to an end. Here's to 2013 hopefully being something better!

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
Happy new year to all, and wish that your 2013 is better and grander than your 2012 was...

PS. Hope the US financial situation doesn't leave too many in a worse position in the near future...

time

Storage? I am Storage!
I like that sentiment. :) Not true for me though, in that I turned the corner as 2012 progressed.

I've blanked out the first few months, but highlights included rebuilding our main bathroom (we've gone on to repair severe termite damage in another 3 rooms, but it now looks like every room in the house is affected; worst news so far is the kitchen will have to be ripped out to get at affected structural timbers there, so that's a massive expense which I'll be trying to delay for most of 2013).

Had to spend $2k on a car to sell it (to fund some of the aforementioned building works). Bought a nice 10-year-old car with too much power (3.5 L / 220 hp / 3200 lbs) for a FWD without traction control, which has made me wonder whether I really want a new compact car after all.

Started a salaried job - unusual for me, but we live in interesting times ... So for the first time in I don't know how many years, I had to take time off between Xmas and New Year - and got paid for it to boot! Apart from gin and tonic (hot climate, folks), I've tried to explore the possibilities with Tequila, and of course several different beers.

In truth I've been busy, but my wife and I managed a day/night at the Gold Coast:

Q1-observation-deck.jpg

Ok, we weren't that high, only 17th floor, but I don't like heights ...

time

Storage? I am Storage!
:rotfl: No, that guy has all his hair. ;) I was just looking for a quick impression of the sort of views available from a high-rise room at the Gold Coast, and Google came up with that promo ad. The views weren't anywhere near that uninterrupted where we were this time, although our preferred apartment building does provide that kind of vista.

Happy New Year everyone, BTW. My thoughts certainly go out to those of us who are having a sh*tty time right now.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
Happy new year to all of you too. This is the first time in I don't know how many years that my finances haven't completely gone to shit before the holiday period, so 2012 must not have been that bad for me. Wasn't great either, but a progress, I imagine.

Sorry to hear about you trouble, Time. I'll almost certainly have to change my car this year too. I'll let you guys know when I'll be there. Spring, probably. It's nine years old and made ~250000Km. My wallet won't like it.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
:drunk: Happy New Year! :drunk:

Am I happy 2012 is over! It was mostly a very lousy year for me but at least it ended on a few high notes with the new system I have courtesy of the membership. I also managed to cycle 4293 miles-my second best year ever (best was 5001 miles in 1991).

Hope 2013 turns out to be the best year ever for everyone here!