HURRY! Dell 3007WFP for 1600$CAD until Jan 20th

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
It's true for all Comcast customers. I wasn't aware that there were any other options in Chicago itself.
Comcast is turning off everything but local channels on standard cable and giving all its customers a "free" digital cable box in Chicago. The change is supposed to happen in mid-July. Chicago is supposed to be the first large city to be all digital. I strongly suspect there are going to be a lot of little old ladies on the south side who are going to be highly pissed off come August.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
In Chicago, by the end of this summer, there will be no non-digital cable. You will have a box or you will have no cable.

The cable companies need that bandwidth to push stuff that makes real money, so, eventually, everyone with dreams of digital lucre will do this. Here at least, Comcast no longer offers any of the premium channels on analog cable.

What gets me is that digital cable technology is only marginally better than it was three years ago. And they charge more for it.

I'm waiting for AT&T to roll out Uverse in my neighborhood. It can't be any worse than what Comcrap is giving me, and it'll be cheaper.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
When I wanted HBO in HD, Comcast made me sign up for literally everything else they had. Even a bunch of sports crap that no human should ever want to watch let alone pay for. My cable bill right before I completely dropped TV service was $165 a month.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Ridiculous.

Honestly, I wouldn't have bothered trying digital again if they didn't offer an introductory deal with installation when I moved last year.

Will Rickards

Storage Is My Life
Website
willrickards.net
I have RCN in PA with no converter box.
Only my beloved dual tuner tivo.

Maybe we should start another thread to discuss cable and our future options. I have some questions which I'll post in the new thread.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
My dad has a CableCard with his Comcast cable. Wonder if he will be affected by this all digital thing.

I have WideOpenWest with one analog box (free) and a digital box DVR. Hope they don't follow suit.