It may be possible DrunkenBastard commutes frequently in a city-like environment causing more significant wear on the clutch.
Pros for replacing a Hyundai Elantra with a GMC Suburban:
- Effortless torque
- Ridiculous room for people and cargo
- Excellent vision around the vehicle with no blind spots as long as you do a head check..
- No deer is going to come over the hood and thru the windshield.
- Solid road presence, I.e. people notice you and don't try funny buggers in front of you.
- 15 mpg, aka $120 bucks at the servo fills just 3/4 of a tank...42 gallon tank.
- not a good candidate for a daily commute.
Fortunately I still have the other Elantra for the commute and the burb will be for family road trips/hauling the kids and cargo around.
On a net basis, I highly recommend a used Suburban, despite the horrible image the environmental movement has portrayed it as.