I don't get it...

CougTek

Serial computer killer
On the 9pm update, I was awarded one 2565 points unit. I completed one project 6014 (484 points) about six hours ago and one project 6012 (470 points) some three hours ago. My other computer is computing a huge unit that isn't due before very late tomorrow or early the day after, so the unit didn't come from it (I've checked and it is still working on it, no early termination there). There are no 2565 points unit in the currently running projects.

I only took one beer this evening and I'm utterly sure that I have only three machines running the client.

What's the catch?

P.S. : I obtained a passkey and I configured all my clients with it. There's supposed to be a point bonus associated with the use of a passkey, but I can't believe they are going to give 5.x times the point reward simply for registering a puny passkey with the clients I'm running.

It is dark down here and I need a flashlight.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Bonus requires:

1. Run the latest SMP client (v6.29 or above).
2. Configure that client with a passkey.
3. Complete 10 a2 and/or a3 work units...
a. within their preferred deadlines
b. using the same passkey and fah user name combination
c. on one or more of your systems.
4. Successfully return >=80% of assigned [bonus] WU's.

http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=13160

CougTek

Serial computer killer
I knew all the above, except that I'm impressed with the bonus. I thought it would add maybe 10%-20%, but not 3x-6x the reward. This is huge. With my relatively modest setup and only one computer able to compute big units (-bigadv), I'm beating the otherwise unreachable P5-133XL. And I'm sure his setup is a lot more impressive than mine (I only have three computers, two of which use processors almost two years old).

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
I knew all the above, except that I'm impressed with the bonus. I thought it would add maybe 10%-20%, but not 3x-6x the reward. This is huge. With my relatively modest setup and only one computer able to compute big units (-bigadv), I'm beating the otherwise unreachable P5-133XL. And I'm sure his setup is a lot more impressive than mine (I only have three computers, two of which use processors almost two years old).

Son of a bitch. Look at your numbers. Now I basically have to get a quad core system to compete. Damn you peer pressure!