I made a few changes...

Handruin

Administrator
I made a few changes during the night. Feel free to leaves your comments here if you feel like it. I have some more work to do...we aren't finished yet. Please be patient as I work out some wacky issues.

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
Umm, something sure looks different!

Last thing I remember I was at the Pub pounding back all the shooters Bartender kept feeding me .... must of passed out ... woke up and didn't recognize the place ... if it wasn't for that orange ape standing behind the counter grinning, I wouldn't of known where I was ... ah, time to stumble home I guess. Top of the morning to ya Tea.

ddrueding

Fixture
Wow, looks good to me. Considering all the different UI changes I've been dealing with the last 2 days, I think I like it!

Handruin

Administrator
My signature came back also. I had mine disabled in the old forum and I think the import process re-enabled them all. Just go into your "user CP" and delete the profile to get rid of it.

Handruin

Administrator
I'm also rebuilding the search index, so if you can't find anything, that's the reason. The re-indexing will take about an hour to complete.

Handruin

Administrator
Spend some time looking through the user CP for other goodies such as instant e-mail notifications and WYSIWYG editors for posting. There is also an Archive view for your PDA. RSS will be enabled and I'll make a post on how to customize it.

Everyone will have an easier way to submit news to show up on the main page. I'll explain that later after I grab some sleep. There are tons of mods for this forum that I can try to implement down the road. I'll also be changing the style a bit more to personalize it for us. For now the default works fine until I can make a new one.

You may even notice you can edit your post now...the edit feature lasts for 5 minutes to give you time to correct a few things before locking it down.

Handruin

Administrator
Also, another note. The new forum will remember your unread posts when you logout. In the past there have been many times I haven't been able to read all the new posts before having to do something and then I lose track of the unread posts because the forum doesn't display them as new the next time I log in. Well now the forum will remember which threads you haven't yet viewed.

There are ways to mark all threads as read if you want to clear things out. Just click on the menu item for "Quick Links" and select Mark Forums Read.

Handruin

Administrator
The search index is complete and also the "similar thread" list is also done. You can see a similar thread list at the very bottom of the page when viewing a thread.

Handruin

Administrator
We can make it green again. It will take a little while to hunt down a theme that is green and suitable for Tea, but I'll do that for her. ;)

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
WOW.
That was a real shock this morning. I am viewing this on Vista and at first I thought something was really wacked out.
But, it really looks great. I like the blue. (I thought owls and apes were colour blind??)

Bozo

Handruin

Administrator
Tannin said:
vBulletin eh? You've been thinking about that one for a long time, Doug. I imagine I can get used to the new colours OK.

(Stupid ape.)

I know it was a long time over due. I actually bought the vbulletin license 15 months ago. Personal issues in my life prevailed causing a delay in the change and I finally gave in last night and decided to commit to making the change-over. I still have plenty to do, but at least I got things going in the right direction.

paugie

Storage is cool
I am logging in on a Monday night. Surprised. But pleasantly so.
Thank you Mr. Handruin, sir.
New is mostly always good. Blue is also cool. But what I had before was orange. My 2nd daughter likes orange.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Thank you, Handruin Sir.

I guess I ain't doin sumtin right. I did the "Mark Forums Read" thingie, and the "light" went out on all the forums thingies. But the individual threads in each forum are still lit up. Can you toss a clue my way? TIA!

Handruin

Administrator
You guys are too formal by calling me Sir. :)

mubs, can you take a screen capture and upload it to this thread? I'm not entirly sure I understand what is happening. (yes, thread attachments are now possible and allowed)

cjstaples

What is this storage?
Website
www.weaselwatch.com
looking good...

All looks good from here, Mr Handruin sir... no issues to note.

The best changes happen when no one notices.
Sorta like the Pats offensive line...

=cjs

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Yikes, this new version creates a lot of difficulties! There is so much wasted space, huge line amd columns spacing, so much scrolling, etc. I hope the normal people like it and it works out for you though.

Handruin

Administrator
All of your concerns seems addressable via a new vbulletin skin (which you can select individually once it is created). I will work with you get make something more appropriate if you give things a chance.

Handruin

Administrator
ddrueding said:
User selectable skins? Can we create them? That would be way-cool.

It works much the same way as phpbb...I upload a new skin and you can select it for your account. What I could do is setup a demo account if you want to play around with the templates. If we like it, I can add it to the main forum.

LOST6200

Storage is cool
Glad you are bak. Last night I though it was some virus that has wipped out the datrabase or sonmtehing. :eek: One question - whay is the font of ny username so large. LOST6200 is so scary in teh large size. Another thingi is that time and date go wahcko when I log in. Tehre is probably some option that control this, but it seems to be the same was it was when not loggted i=n.

ddrueding

Fixture
Handruin: I'd love a chance to set up a clean, low-contrast, greyscale skin. If you would give me the opportunity somehow.

Lost: In your profile you can set the timezone, that should fix your clock ;)

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
When I open the home page, there are a lot of boxes with the small red 'X' in them. Like there are some pictures missing. This happens in IE6 and IE7.
Is this normal for the moment?

Bozo :-D

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
Wow, what ever happened to this place? I'm gone for a while (vacation) and now there's a totally new facelifted site to visit!

Looks good, I like it!

J

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I'm not sure I'm happy about the new board software, or at least the look and feel of it. I'm having a really hard time distinguishing new topics and new posts from old.
What does the new software actually do that the old software didn't?

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Merc, I am going to agree with that sentiment. I would also like to have some navigation at the bottom of the threads, not just at the top. I like to be able to navigate back to a specific forum after I finish reading a thread.

Is there still a way to spellcheck my posts?

Will Rickards

Storage Is My Life
Website
willrickards.net
Not to gang up but yeah we definitely need a theme change at least.
The visual distinction between forums with new posts and those without is too busy. The whole UI is too busy. And the visual distinction of unread posts is only bold versus unbold text. No simple easy icon to tell.

I'll have to experiment with the new posts since your last visit feature if it has one.