IIS headache vs Apache simplicity.

RWIndiana

Learning Storage Performance
So why is "godaddy" switching over to Windows? Do they want to make themselves a bigger target?

ddrueding

Fixture
Pretty pictures. I wonder how hard it was to generate them?

Windows puts a lot of effort into making their product easy to use and have lots of features (and it is), and then attempts to secure it.

Apache puts a lot of effort into making their product secure (and it is) and then attempts to make it easy to use with some neat features.

I guess it's all in your priorities; I make a number of websites that don't collect information of any kind and need to updated regularly. I use IIS.

If I found out my bank was using IIS, I would be worried.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
A few months ago I had a heart cath done. While in the cath lab waiting for the proceedure, I watched the computers boot up.....Windows XP. Seeing that does not give you a very warm and fuzzy feeling.

Bozo :mrgrn:

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
As far as things go, I don't think Apache OR IIS is a simple system to work with. There's strong and weak points to using both of them. I think I'd rather have Apache overall, but I'm not a web guy and to me the products are pretty close in terms of functionality.
Godaddy is probably switching because they've been offered some unbelievably sweet deal on MS licensing and a ton of sales support. Microsoft gets a big, recognizable feather in its cap for its work.