Is this supposed to be serious press?

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Seen in a PC Magazine article :
a 1.25-GHz G4 processor, 256MB of RAM, an 80GB hard drive, a SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW), and an nVidia GeForce FX 5200 Ultra graphics card—are lean (especially the RAM and hard drive) compared with those in most all-in-ones of this class. You can install up to 1 GHz more RAM...
Find the mistake that made my jaw drop. Hint : it's easy and obvious.

I can't believe it passed through proof-reading or the supervisor.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I found something a few days ago in a fairly serious article that described the Iomega Clik as a 40GB disk. In the Washington Times, a publication that's normally highly respected.

Since I can buy a factory case of those stupid things for about $50, if they were 40GB apiece I'd never have to worry about where I'm putting my pr0n again.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Read on a motherboard review at LegionHardware :
The LanParty NFII Ultra B features a very simple passive cooling solution on both the Northbridge and Southbridge chips. While the Northbridge heatsink is much larger it does not feature any kind of fan. At times the heatsink got quite hot, however this did not cause any system instability issues. Although the Southbridge cooling solution is very small, placing a heatsink on this chip is far from essential. Nevertheless it was good to see DFI including this kind of feature on the LanParty NFII Ultra B. I was surprised at how hot the Southbridge heatsink got, by the time the system loaded windows the chip was already very warm. After operating for a short period of time the heatsink became too hot to touch. DFI really should have included active cooling on both the North and Southbridge chips.
So the passive heatsink is far from essential, but nevertheless, DFI should have included active cooling???

e_dawg

Storage Freak
CougTek said:
So the passive heatsink is far from essential, but nevertheless, DFI should have included active cooling???

Yep. All in the name of overclocking and "more = better". After all, active cooling has to be better than passive, right? 8)

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
Mmmmmmmm, free motherboard...glahalgllaglaglaghgahhhh.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
"Oh Boy, Sleep! That's where I'm a Viking!" - R. Wiggum

Have you guys who are having fridge/watercooling fantasies looked at BTX at all yet? From the drawings I've seen it appears that the CPU will be under a sort of directed airflow container that really does look like it was made to also house a waterblock.

ddrueding

Fixture
blakerwry said:
ddrueding said:
I'm waiting for the motherboard that ships with waterblocks... :mrgrn:

screw that, im waiting for the mini fridge that comes bundled with a free motherboard.

Well, it can't be a normal mini-fridge...they don't have a high enough thermal capacity. I've tried many times. :eekers: