It's 34 degrees, and snowing outside, in Northern Kalifornia???WTF?

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Title says it all. Global warming?

I was wondering why the heater wasn't working.

So much for any thoughts of surfing tomorrow...

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
If you'd really like to compare, it was -12F outside my apartment at 6AM this morning. With the wind chill it was -38F. It warmed up all the way to 7F at around 2PM.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
I was in Kansas at the end of January, as my brother is shipping off to Afghanistan. The day that I arrived, the high was 70. It was 0 at the airport when I left.

Welcome to what happens when the arctic loop current breaks down.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
When I got up at 4:30AM, it was 9F.
You know it's cold when the foam in your cars seats don't move when you sit on them. :mrgrn:

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
If you're inside posting, who's outside keeping the grapes warm. If prices spike I'm retroactively blaming you. :p

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
35 and light snow, 5:55 AM saturday morning and, I'm driving to Sac to work. Going to be a fun drive.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
WTF are you doing being awake at 5:55am on Saturday morning? Saturday morning is made to sleep, Greg. And next time it's snowing outside, just make a M. Fingerman's special : post o picture of your hand showing the finger to the meteo outside and go back to sleep. You don't even have snow tires and you don't know how to drive in snowy road conditions. You risk killing yourself.

Go back to sleep.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
When I got up at 4:30AM, it was 9F.
You know it's cold when the foam in your cars seats don't move when you sit on them. :mrgrn:

:brr: Can you turn the heat seaters and the engine on and go back insde for a few minutes?

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Just the worst part of winter right now, snow is all brown and disgusting. Nothing majestic or beautiful at all.

ddrueding

Fixture
heat seaters is pretty funny, Lunar. Mine won't turn on unless there is some weight on the seat. Though I did modify the car to support remote start from the key.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
heat seaters is pretty funny, Lunar. Mine won't turn on unless there is some weight on the seat. Though I did modify the car to support remote start from the key.

Would you open the garage door during the remote warmup? Depending on the lacation it makes me nervous that someone could drive by and take something. OTOH, the garage will be asphixiating if the door is closed.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
"34.3 °F
Light Snow Mist"

7 am. I was driving to Sac for basketball yesterday.

ddrueding

Fixture
Would you open the garage door during the remote warmup? Depending on the lacation it makes me nervous that someone could drive by and take something. OTOH, the garage will be asphixiating if the door is closed.

The garage is still full of stuff for the house, so the cars are in the driveway. The engine is running, but the doors are locked and alarm is still set. The main trick is to remember to set the heat/defrost to max the night before so you don't have to go out there at all.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!

Most remote car starters shut the motor off when you open the door.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Snirt is a good one. Must be an eskimo word with the thousand types of snow. Getting worse now and revealing all the trash/garbage people leave behind.

Dads DTS looks at what the outside temp and does whats appropriate with the heat/cool/seats for the interior when you remote start it. GM has some thoughtful stuff in there. My car is a stick so I will never be able to put in a remote start. But then again I work from home.

Stereodude

Not really a
My car is a stick so I will never be able to put in a remote start.
You can still put in remote start, but you'll have to bypass the clutch interlock, which isn't so dangerous if you're the only one who drives the car and always leaves it in neutral, but if someone leaves it in gear and you remote start it... Look out! :rofl:

ddrueding

Fixture
Well, the engine turns off when the car door is opened (nothing to do with the garage door). But my car knows the frequencies for my garage doors and the gates at work; it can open them directly without a separate "clicker".

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Why are we spelling California with a K right now?
As in
People's Republic of Kalifornia

Pretty common reference to a state with laws that rival Nazi Germany-The U.S.S.R., and, pretty much total disregard for The US Constitution.

Luckily, some of the judiciary still remember what the law is.