It's now official : I'm old.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Been trying to stay young and peppy for years. I've trained like a professional athlete, been careful with what I eat, tried to travel, tried to follow the latest technology developments, etc. But now time has catched up with me and the verdict is unquestionable. Why am I now so sure about it? No, my hair hasn't suddenly gone white. No I still haven't a belly. Here's why :

[url=http://www.arstechnica.com/ said:
Ars Technica[/url]]
The differences in how different age groups use the Internet are striking as well. Boomers and senior citizens tend to utilize the web mostly for news and research, Gen Xers are most comfortable paying for content, while teenagers and young adults are most likley to blog.
A senior citizen. Sad but true. I don't even know what a blog is and I don't play games online. I'm old.

Do you think the government will shallow that when I'll go ask them for an elderly people pension tomorrow?

Handruin

Administrator
I don't know why they are so popular. I don't have time to read about everyone's life. And even if I did...it makes no difference to me..

Handruin

Administrator
I realize that sounds harsher than I meant. I read about people's life here because I want to...this site isn't a blog...

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Handruin said:
I don't have time to read about everyone's life. And even if I did...it makes no difference to me..
Humm...Ok guys, so we'll have to stop talking about ourselves since it's obviously not appreciated by some people...

;-)

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
I think it just has to do with what different age groups like to do. Keeping diaries has always been a big teenage thing, shopping for all sorts of junk a twenties thing, and research and news an older person's thing. Of course, that's just a generalization. I've never kept a diary and I never went through the buy all sorts of useless consumerist crap stage in my twenties and thirties. If I was twenty I probably still would use the web mainly for research and discussion.

In other words, don't feel old Coug. At least not until you get white hair and a pot belly. :mrgrn:

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Not until you don't know a fart from a burp. Not until you fart and burp at the same time.

So don't feel bad, old chap.

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
jtr1962 said:
In other words, don't feel old Coug. At least not until you get white hair and a pot belly. :mrgrn:

I resent that remark!

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
Does a pot-belly make me half way old? What if I dye my hair? :)

I've always used the 'net for news/research - old before my time, or just always old? Time for a nap.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
You're not "officially" old till you are my age or greater. Please note this is a moving target.