LCD Woes

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
The blood and internal organs, for example in jpegs IE. Is that so cryptic? :eekers:

ddrueding

Fixture
The blood and internal organs, for example in jpegs IE. Is that so cryptic? :eekers:

Yup. So is this, IMnsHO. My translation goes as follows:

This thread is about monitors, so workflow means photography. Managed workflow is the portion of that where you have some frame of reference for the accuracy of color. Therefore your uncalibrated devices are exaggerating the red in your images?

However, not many people take pictures of blood and internal organs, and you have on several occasions mentioned injuries that you have sustained, so that would be a reasonable trail to follow as well.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
A couple more options:

1. You are still referring to your monitor.

The only complaint I have on the image is that the corners have some white bleed visible at close viewing distances off axis. It is not an issue in normal use, but shows up when booting (mostly black screen) and in a dark room.

2. You are referring to bleeding cash or capital.

3. A body's managed blood workflow is normally called the circulatory system. I can certainly agree that in this context "The blood is out of control outside the managed workflow. :eek:""

LunarMist

However, not many people take pictures of blood and internal organs, and you have on several occasions mentioned injuries that you have sustained, so that would be a reasonable trail to follow as well.

The leopards, lions, hyenas and even cheetahs don't have any power tools so they can be messy. :bsmurf: Hyenas are particularly nasty as they don't wait to for the prey animal to die before starting in on it.

LunarMist

The monitor backlighting is failing. I guess 6 years is not so bad, but an unpleasant limitation of the tubes. :(

LunarMist

In 2010 I had a 30" 16:10 display that was not so great, but that size is basically obsolete.
The larger displays are 4K, which make menus of most older programs impossible to read.
I think that 2560x1440 at 27" is small, but still legible at a distance where the whole image is visible with glasses.

Are there any displays better than Eizo?

LunarMist

It's probably the inverter, not the tubes unless they've very dim and reddish.

It's a section on the right side that is darker and not the same color.
The calibrator on the older models was at the top center so that is not it.
At first it just took longer to equalize and now it never does. The usage time is only 15,000 hours.
Maybe it is the inverter driver, but the warranty is up after 5 years anyway.

LunarMist

Only 27"?

And I know their monitors are technically better than most, but their pricing is full-on crazy town.

The CG277 is about $2300, so I'm hoping the CG2730 is not more than $2500. What price would you expect?

ddrueding

Fixture
I just purchased a good 85" 4k TV for $2500. My 42" 4k monitor was $2k. Even a color-accurate 27" low-res monitor isn't worth more than $1k to me.

Stereodude

Not really a
Eh, wouldn't have been my choice, but hopefully you enjoy it.

Edit: Is it 65" yet? :rofl:

Last edited:

Handruin

Administrator
Wait, you legit have a 75" TV that's 15" in front of you as your monitor?!

ddrueding

Fixture
15 feet. It is on the wall near the couch. Yes, it mirrors the display from my wife's computer, so the start button is 8" on a side, but it is not a primary display for anyone.

LunarMist

Y0u mean playing videos on a. Computer through a TV?

I was thinking about a TV as a display for photos after they have been processed on a computer with a normal monitor like the Eizo.