LENOVO IdeaPad K1 vs Samsung Galaxy tablets

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I need to recommend a tablet PC to a business customer and I hesitate between the two models mentioned in this thread's title. Lenovo generally makes above-average products, but the Samsung Galaxy series receive good reviews on many websites. The tablet will be used to fill excel templates and show price lists to customers. It will either have to nest a simple database or connect to a website hosting the database (articles' prices, code and availability as well as customers' info).

I'm currently focusing on the 10" models. Anyone has first hand experience on either of those?

ddrueding

Fixture
My opinion of those two is exactly as you have described them. I do really like my ASUS Transformer, but not enough to recommend it above those you mentioned.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I've worked with the 7" Galaxy quite a bit. Specs-wise, it's basically just like my phone but with a larger screen. I have not used the 10" version. I don't imagine it's much different.

Sol

Storage is cool
For filling stuff in the Galaxy Tab has Swype which is easily the best touchscreen keyboard I've used. You could also have a look at Lenovos Thinkpad tablet. It's basically the same as the K1 but aimed at businesses rather than consumers. It has full size SD and USB and pen input which, if it works well enough and depending on the person, might be better for filling in forms than the on screen keyboard. It is generally about $100 more than the k1 but then so is the Samsung.

Mercutio

I have a 7" Galaxy, an 8.9" Galaxy, a Nook Color, a 10" Xoom, an iPad 2 in my office and I should have a Kindle Fire by the end of the year

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I know they don't share the same OS, but in term of functionnality, is the Samsung 8.9" comparable to the iPad 2? What about the touch screen sensitivity and display quality?

Mercutio

The Galaxy and iPad have by far the best screens. I've barely touched the ipad but subjectively the Xoom is the worst of the lot, which is kind of disappointing given the rest of its specs.

ddrueding

Fixture
The ThinkPad is decidedly better than my ASUS Transformer. The screen is brighter, the touch more accurate. It ships with a lot more crap on it, though. Including a security program and their own app store? Bleh.

Mercutio

Which one do you think is the best?

The only one that actually belongs to me is tha 7" Galaxy, which wins for me on basis of form factor, since it is primarily an E-reader rather than an internet access device.

The devices are all functionally very similar otherwise.