Lexmark E250dn or other for mono mediium duty laser printer

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I need a good mono laser printer with a medium duty cycle for a small business. They currently have 2 years-old HP LaserJet (I don't remember the model) and they complain that the printer heats so much that the paper curls when they print many sheets sequentially.

I read good comments about the Lexmark E250dn (duplexer and network) and on the Dell 1720dn (same shit, different name). Everything that HP offers for less a thousand bucks has a low 10,000page-per-month duty cycle. I don't need colors. A duplexer and network capability would be nice. I have no provider for Xerox, in case someone would mention it (their 6180N is supposed to be good).

What do small businesses use these days?

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I spoke with some folk from HP and my provider. Those duty-cycle ratings they advertise on the boxes, they are only peak ratings. Their sustained recommended pages per month are much lower. The customer will end up with a Lexmark 642dtn instead. Entirely different category, but necessary according to the representants of the companies I spoke with.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Anything wrong with the old HP 4000-5000 series? I see them around for cheap, and, they have a duty cycle around 23000 pages, IIRC.
New universial driver seems to work, and easy.

GS