Looking for Windows Alarm Software

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
I'm looking for a visual alarm that i can set to go off weekdays. Free is a plus.

I'm working an on-site contract, and I need to make sure that I leave in time to catch the shuttle to the train station. I have an XP computer at my disposal, but it's a crappy HP Compaq (how much worse can it get?) with an internal speaker which, for very good reasons, is always muted.

A couple times last week, I had to really dash for the shuttle. I'd like to avoid that.

Thanks

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Unfortunately goatse.cx was taken down last year along with the giver site as well.

Task scheduler: open a word document with leave now in it. Five minutes later open a wave file with an alarm bell or something.

There has simply got to be a freeware alarm utility somewhere too.

Cell phones, PDA's, Watches all have alarm functions too.

I really like my blackberry for this: I put an apointment on my corporate calendar with date and time. If you set off the reminder box it rings the blackberry. Nothing you have to do to synch, just shows up there.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I just setup a scheduled task that would open winamp with a mp3 passed as a parameter like this: "C:\Progra~1\Winamp\Winamp.exe d:\mp3\songs\test.mp3"

Looks like it works fine to me.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
There has simply got to be a freeware alarm utility somewhere too.

The general problem with opening a web page or Word document is that 99% of the time, I've Firefox and Word open already and apt to ignore it. Also, the machine needs to stay on while I'm not using it, so setting it to shut down, is counterproductive.

I am looking for something obtrusive and flashy.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Use Outlook, and set an event? They always make noise, and pop up with a delay reminder...

GS