Mercutio extends his lead...

CougTek

Serial computer killer
I guess there are 2000 of Merc's posts that Tony didn't like. Probably those "nVidia is crap, ATI rules" ones.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
You got it in one, Coug. I figured around 2000 of Merc's otherwise uniformly excellent posts were mere ill-informed Nvidia bashing .... but that reminds me ....

Congratulations on your other two thousand posts Merc. (Though it would actually have saved you quite a bit of time to simply post once, instead of repeating the same hate/fear/loathing mantra another 1999 times. No matter: you do at least manage to find many different, often amusing, ways to express your phobia.)

Hmmm ... most of us manage to have more normal, socially acceptable phobias, such as the overwhelming fear of spiders, loathing of any food with liver in it, an irrational feeling of terror whenever a black cat walks by, an erotic obsession with little girls, the recurrent urge to poison your wife, or the periodic need to massacre 30 or 40 of your schoolmates. But, nope, you had to be a weirdo and make a fetish out of loathing a particular brand of video card. Just as well this is a techo forum where anything goes.

Look, don't worry about it, OK? We all love you anyway.

(Oh, and by the way, my own complete and absolute loathing for any card with an ATI chipset in it is, of course, perfectly natural, healthy and normal. Trust me on this.)

Bartender

Storage is cool
Website
www.mittelsmann.net
That was quick. When I checked yesterday, Mercutio had a few more posts to go before hitting 8,000. I figured I'd wait a day. Oh well, you didn't reach this level by posting at my pace.

A congratulations is in order for your quantity of posts, but not because you commented on this forum thousands of times -- rather, it's good to see you alive and with us. I hope you continue to stick around.

Drinks on the house (if you haven't already grabbed the bottles that I failed to put out earlier).

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Congratulations :D

Instead of a drink, I'll have a swig of Gerital. :lol:

Bozo :mrgrn:

paugie

Storage is cool
I keep saying to myself, this here's my 1st most favorite forums. Not just because of Merc, but because of you all.
Cheer's to everyone. You're the reason Merc's up. I suppose he won't dispute that. :lol:

LOST6200

Storage is cool
paugie said:
You're the reason Merc's up. I suppose he won't dispute that. :lol:

The reason is aslo that Doug has decicated some effrost to this a fourm and maintains the backuop — unlike somw oher forum.

Gilbo

Storage is cool
I know I'm relatively new here, but I'd like to add my compliments Merc. Lots of terrific posts in there.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
Thanks Merc for keeping an amazingly high signal to noise ratio even with such a huge number of posts (more than all mine totaled on all the boards I post to). Here's to 8000 more! :beer:

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
Thanks Merc for keeping an amazingly high signal to noise ratio even with such a huge number of posts (more than all mine totaled on all the boards I post to). Here's to 8000 more! :beer:
And he's already halfway there! Congratulations on 12K! :beer:

Given the nature of this site I think 16384 will be the next significant milestone.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I'm just waiting for all you laggards to catch up by posting more. ;)

I wouldn't come here if I didn't enjoy the company. Thanks go to everyone else for being on SF.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Wow, I don't think I have seen any forums with post counts like there are here.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
Continuum at Ars' Openforum was beyond 24K posts some three or four years ago. I figure he must be at over 40K by now.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Someone on Totalfark pointed out a guy on IGN's forum with 150,000 posts a few months back.

Fark only keeps track of posts for the preceding two weeks and some of the users there, especially folks on the Politics forum, manage 150 - 200 posts a week.

ddrueding

Fixture
If there is a lot going on here, I can manage 20 in a day. But I think that is my max. The post counts here are mainly limited because the number of conversations is limited.

Not a bad thing, I like being able to read everything, and the S/N is the best anywhere. But it will keep the post counts lower than others online.

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
Someone on Totalfark pointed out a guy on IGN's forum with 150,000 posts a few months back.

Fark only keeps track of posts for the preceding two weeks and some of the users there, especially folks on the Politics forum, manage 150 - 200 posts a week.

http://vnboards.ign.com/Boards/Message.aspx?brd=22997&topic=108687131&start=108693528

-Mithan-
collection | wishlist
Title: VNBo ard Admin
^sure, Admn can cheat :D

http://facethejury.com/forum.asp

^top posters listed @bottom page <lol, click on "M A B U S" ...user does not exist. Top posters must cheat or use spamming software, though seems most of the top posters are young and very lone lee guys?

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1310755

^
In only one forum in Italy I made more than 50.000 posts in less than a year, it was 7 years ago not under this nickname though.
icon_lol.gif

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Continuum at Ars' Openforum was beyond 24K posts some three or four years ago. I figure he must be at over 40K by now.
I just had a peek and he's over 56,000 now.

It's worth pointing out that his posts are usually useful too.

Not that Merc's or DD's aren't, I hasten to add. :)

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Not a bad thing, I like being able to read everything, and the S/N is the best anywhere. But it will keep the post counts lower than others online.

Me too, I only stick around the forums that aren't filled with tons of crap and drivel. Sure I will search the big ones when I have questions but I just don't browse or contribute there much.