MSI motherboards

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
I have been eye-balling the MSI Sandy Bridge motherboards and was wondering what everone thought about MSI.

Stereodude

Not really a
FWIW, my Gigabyte SB board is garbage. I'm greeted by this screen every time I turn it on no matter what the settings.

After I go into the BIOS fix the settings and warm boot it, it generally boots okay. I've tried several BIOS revision and they all have had problems cold booting. I can't wait to swap it out for a B3 stepping model. I'm hoping the B3 stepping version is better.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I've seen issues like that from having a motherboard short I didn't notice.

MSI motherboards: I've not had good luck with them. Lots of in-warranty failures that I didn't bother to replace.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I think we can rule out "insufficience" for the power supply. Sandy Bridge, at idle and at stock frequency, doesn't consume much electricity. The only thing I could see related to the power supply would be if the system wouldn't need enought juice on start-up. Some power supplies have issues starting with too little wattage.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
I think we can rule out "insufficience" for the power supply. Sandy Bridge, at idle and at stock frequency, doesn't consume much electricity. The only thing I could see related to the power supply would be if the system wouldn't need enought juice on start-up. Some power supplies have issues starting with too little wattage.

Maybe one of the power supply voltages is low?