My HTPC died! New Build Time!

Stereodude

Not really a
Well, after 2 hours of MPEG-4 AVC Blu-Ray playing the GPU was at 46C and the CPU was at 28C. Not too shabby if I say so myself. :bstd:

ddrueding

Fixture
I know enough. I don't have a lesson plan, or a structured way to go through all the features, but when she looks at a picture and says "I want it to be more/less this/that", I can show her how to do it. And since she isn't working from a skill set of any kind; she thinks not in terms of what the tools can easily do, but what she wants to see. That is helping me look at photography differently.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
CAN WE GET SOME REPORTS ON WHAT WORKS, AND, WHAT HAPPENED?????

ddrueding

Fixture
For the record, the onboard video on my ASUS board was unable to drive the DVI and HDMI ports simultaneously, so it now has an ATI video card in it that can.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
I was wondering how much ram, configuration, etc.???

Which video card from ATI David is using, etc...

Stereodude

Not really a
- 4GB of RAM (though it doesn't need it)
- 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD
- 16x Lite-On DVD
- LG Blu-Ray / HD-DVD reader / DVD+/-RW burner

Stereodude

Not really a
Gigabyte is still farting around with my RMA'd motherboard. :cursin: It's a good thing I bought a new one.

Stereodude

Not really a
Be lucky they took it at all. I've never successfully RMA'd anything through Asus.
They got it about 2 weeks ago, and their typical turn around time is 2-3 days. :erm:

I've RMA'd a few things successfully, like RAM (G.skill) and a Soyo Mobo.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I usually dispose of the defective boards rather than RMA. They never answered an e-mail about something or other a few years ago. No customer service.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
The only boards I've RMA'd recently have been Intel's. Intel's RMA process is a PITA, but the turn-around on getting product back is only about four business days.

Stereodude

Not really a
I got the motherboard. It's the exact same serial number I sent them. The box indicates it's been repaired. I guess I will find out.

Stereodude

Not really a
Well, the motherboard I got back works, but I'm really confused. I sent them a GA-M55plus-S3G Rev 2.1 (NVIDIA Quadro NVS 210S + 430 chipset). It seems that I got back a GA-M55plus-S3G Rev 1.0 (NVIDIA Geforce 6100 + nForce 430 chipset). The serial numbers I sent them matches what I got back though. The BIOS installed in the system is for the the GA-M55plus-S3G Rev 1.0 though and why I think I got the Rev 1.0 back. :confused:

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Well, the motherboard I got back works, but I'm really confused. I sent them a GA-M55plus-S3G Rev 2.1 (NVIDIA Quadro NVS 210S + 430 chipset). It seems that I got back a GA-M55plus-S3G Rev 1.0 (NVIDIA Geforce 6100 + nForce 430 chipset).

Maybe they altered a board to line up with the serial number you sent in for warranty tracking purposes? I have to admit I've never checked or really even cared what they send back before, as long as it has the same north bridge.

Stereodude

Not really a
Maybe they altered a board to line up with the serial number you sent in for warranty tracking purposes? I have to admit I've never checked or really even cared what they send back before, as long as it has the same north bridge.
That was my guess as well. Since I have no intention to use on the onboard graphics it doesn't matter to me. Plus I think the Quadro NVS 210S and the Geforce 6100 are the same thing anyhow.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
nvs210 = rebranded shit with open gl support for 3d modelling apps. Nothing new from nvidia there.