Nero Six Demo available at last.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I tried to link it yesterday's night since it was already today in Europe, but Ahead didn't release it yet. So Bill, you have tried it? What's your burner?

SteveC

Storage is cool
I just tried a couple of CDs on my old Teac 16x and didn't have any problems. They do include a lot of programs in it, which I haven't looked over yet. Besides the standard burning program, there's a backup program, video capture and editor, DVD & video player, audio player, audio mixer & editor, a virtual drive, and a DVD transcoder.

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Coug,

I haven't tried it yet. But I will later tonight. I have Pioneer DVR-106D burner (burns everything there is).

SteveC

Storage is cool
The video capture doesn't work with my AIW card, and the DVD transcoder won't work on encrypted DVDs.

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
The POS gives an "Internal Error" message and crashes to the desktop everytime the "File" button is selected.

Back to 5.5.10.28 :frusty:

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Does Nero 6 behave in a less stupid manner with regard to MPEG-2 video and DVDs?

Every product I've tried thusfar has wanted to re-encode my raw MPEG-2 files prior to burning a DVD, even though I'm capping at very reasonable, standard bit rates. My DVD players can handle MPEG audio and video at a wide variety of bitrates, and thusfar, my DVD-making software can't seem to handle that. It's actually one of those petty little annoyances that keeps me looking for new DVD mastering software basically constantly.

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
Nero 6 Recode introduces 'bug' that could wipe hard drive

An Chang used our news submit to tell us that the German online magazine PCwelt.de reports that Nero 6 contains a 'bug' that could delete your entire harddrive. The bug is introduced with the Nero 6 Recode project. Bug might even not be the correct word for it, it seems more that Ahead forgot to limit the feature to empty the destination folder for temporarily files.

If this destination directory is set to the root of a disc (e.g C : \) and if the question: "Destination folder is not empty, do you wish to clear it" is answered with yes, all files will be deleted.

Description (badly translated with Babelfish):
Who clicks now over-hurried on "Yes" and had selected as goal file a root listing, short time experiences later its blue miracle: not only a "Video_ts" file put on in the goal file in former times is deleted, but also all other files and file on the partition concerned are deseamed within seconds by the plate. The user is nevertheless asked still whether he wants to delete the files.

A "Design error" is not however nevertheless. Because actually the user should assume "Nero Recode" means the existing "Video_ts" file in under "the target folder" indicated drive assembly and/or listing.

For now we would advise visitors to be carefull with this feature and to make sure to answer no on this question. There is no doubt Ahead will release a fix for this nasty feature soon. More information can be found on PCwelt.de .

Source: http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/7638