NEWLY UPDATED: Firefox, T-Bird, Seamonkey

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
Ever since updating to 1.5.0.7, FF has been dog as sllloooooowwww for me ... can't take much more of this molassenary * behaviour.

* molassenary
Pronunciation: mo·las·sen·ary
Function: none of any importance
Etymology: adaptation of slowassmofo, from early Latin
1. To move at the speed of molasses
2. Something that is slow
3. A word CityK just made up
Used in a sentence: If my web browser was any more molassenary, I'd swear I was running on dial up.

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
I've noticed this too. Installed 1.5.05 on a fresh build and it's snappy. Update to 1.5.0.7 and it's molassenary :)

fb

Storage is cool
I'm using Firefox 2 RC1, it seems OK except that I can't get the access keys to work. It might be PEBKAC, but it worked fine in 1.5.0.x...

Handruin

Administrator
How much you want to bet they knew of that bug before today and waited for the final release. :D

I'm still not convinced to switch and I haven't even tried it yet.

fb

Storage is cool
You're right, apparently the vulnerability has been known for about six month http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35210 :aok:

I've installed it on the computer at work, and it's OK except that the tabs are really ugly (maybe not a huge problem, but still), and I can't find a way to put the menu bar above the navigation bar, maybe it's a feature from Vista?

Anyway, I think I'll keep using Firefox and Opera as my main browsers... And I can't upgrade at home even if I wanted to since I'm doing some web development now and then.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
There are instructions for installing multiple versions of IE on the same PC floating around...

But as far as I'm concerned that's like screwing different people to get multiple versions of herpes.

IE7 broke my company's web site. I suggested that we put a large "Get Firefox now you fucking retard" button on our page, but noooo... they're thinking of wasting the time to re-code for yet another broken Microsoft browser.

fb

Storage is cool
There are instructions for installing multiple versions of IE on the same PC floating around...

But as far as I'm concerned that's like screwing different people to get multiple versions of herpes.

IE7 broke my company's web site. I suggested that we put a large "Get Firefox now you fucking retard" button on our page, but noooo... they're thinking of wasting the time to re-code for yet another broken Microsoft browser.
Now that I've used it some more I think IE7 is more like Syphilis. Left untreated it can cause damage to both the nervous system, heart and brain.