[NEWS] 10K "Enterprise" 2.5" Seagate SCSI Dri

Handruin

Administrator
Fushigi said:
The 2.5-inch disc drive uses 40 percent less power than a 3.5-inch drive, Hook said, and is available in 36.7GB and 73.4GB capacities. It uses a 10,000 RPM (revolutions per minute) motor and a shortened, stiffer actuator arm to improve I/O performance, Seagate said.

Link Source

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
zx said:
Let's hope this baby will be available in notebooks. That would be o nice. I may even consider buying a notebook :).

Add a 100W Intel desktop processor and the battery won't even last long enough for Windows to finish booting.

ddrueding

Fixture
timwhit said:
zx said:
Let's hope this baby will be available in notebooks. That would be o nice. I may even consider buying a notebook :).

Add a 100W Intel desktop processor and the battery won't even last long enough for Windows to finish booting.

Just what I thought. But laptops of this caliber shouldn't even come with batteries. That space would be better spent trying to cool this beast. Most people who require this kind of horsepower have an outlet handy anyway (conference rooms, movie/TV sets, aircraft).

And for those who need a battery, the one that comes with these wouldn't be enough anyway. Better to offer an external battery (I'm thinking a small backpack) that would offer at least 6 hours.

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
Ahhh ... but will they come in a variety of stylish colors?

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
i said:
Ahhh ... but will they come in a variety of stylish colors?

Or with the option to change the enclosure to something with nice colours or a stylized theme or....
...errr, just noticed we we're not talking about mobile phones, oops....;)

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
My notebook, which has a 90 watt charger/AC power adapter, runs for 2ish hours on battery with F&H running; closer to 4 hours if the CPU isn't pegged. 40GB drive, UXGA (1600x1200) LCD, P4M 1.6GHz, etc. It weighs in at 7.5-8 pounds, but all things considered I've no complaints.