[NEWS] - Apple introduces i-mac with 20" panel.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
No information on the response time, contrast ratio and brightness. The screen has a native definition of 1680x1050. Not too many games should support this format, but hey, who would be crazy enough to play games on a MAC?

Here are the spec of the rest of the system :
1.25GHz PowerPC G4
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra
64MB DDR video memory
256MB DDR333 SDRAM
80GB Ultra ATA hard drive
Apple SuperDrive
Apple Pro Speakers
AirPort Extreme Ready
Bluetooth Option
All this for the low price of 2199$. It's almost a good value.

News source

DrunkenBastard

Storage is cool
Assuming I spend $1099 for a Dell 2001FP with 16ms UXGA, I still have over a grand left to build a computer that is faster and more upgradeable. Still I guess for the Mac faithful, there can only be one path forward.

I notice that Apple got in trouble in the UK over there B.S. claims about the Mac G5 towers being the fastest desktop computers in the world, the advertising standards body ordered them removed from the air. At least some people can see thru the smoke and mirrors.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I always use the G4 Dual 1GHz computers at the school library, but they just aren't fast. I think OSX is a great OS, but I could never use it everyday because it feels so damn slow. Also the damn 1 button mouse they give you is incredibly annoying.

They also have some G4s with the widescreen 23" display. Those are amazing looking. They also cost $2000 though.