[NEWS] - Athlon64 3400+ in stock for 440$ shipped.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Those with some post-Holidays cash to spare can offer themselves the latest and greatest Athlon64 (except for the FX-51) right now. At 440$, it isn't much more expensive than the 3200+ was (which cost ~400$ IIRC).

The store with the lowest price so far is ZipZoomFly (ridicoulous name, but great prices).

There's been no officially announcement so far regarding the 3400+, but one is expected on Monday the 5th.

News source

ddrueding

Fixture
And coming is well under the price of a 3.06GHz Xeon (512K Cache) from the same source...Intel better get their butts in gear... :roll:

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
And the review at X-bit Labs.

The review tells us two things :
  • 1. The Athlon 64 3400+ performs on average within 2% of the much more expensive Athlon FX-51 and better than both the Pentium 4 3.2GHz and Pentium 4 Extreme Edition, although slightly for the second.

2. PC Mark is the absolute worst benchmark one can imagine, making Sisoft's folks feel better about themselves. Can't be more irrelevant than that.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
The pentium4 still shows off it's optimizations in audio/video encoding and 2d/3d rendering in photoshop and 3d studio max.

I wonder how my celeron's compare.