[News] Thunderbird v0.4 released

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Tbird is IMO best of all possible worlds right now.

HOWEVER I seriously miss the ability to right-click "send to mail recipient" from my browser (that's firebird's fault) and the ability to "open in new tab" when I click on a link in Thunderbird.

Spam controls on Tbird work really, really well. That's probably my favorite new feature.

Handruin

Administrator
I like it. :thumbleft:

It's much like mozilla mail, with a cleaner interface.

fool

Learning Storage Performance
Mercutio, are you using Tabbrowser extensions in firebird?
I am and theres an option to open a new tab from an external application.
its under
Tools
Options
Extensions
Tabbrowser Extensions
Advanced.

I should say that I had some configuration wierdness with tabbrowser and all in one gestures both trying to work at the same time.

SteveC

Storage is cool
Mercutio said:
Spam controls on Tbird work really, really well. That's probably my favorite new feature.

How long does it normally take to train the spam controls? I've been marking every message as either junk or not junk (52 junk vs. 462 not junk), and so far it's only automatically caught 4 out of those 52 spams. After 500+ messages, shouldn't it be doing better than that? Even Outlook 2003's spam control has been catching >90%, and I have it on the lowest setting.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I started with a large pile of "known good" mail, told tbird not to junk mail from anyone I'd sent mail to, and it's done very well for me. I only use it at my day job, though. My filters at home do what I need.
I get a couple of false positives a day. Amazon marketplace sellers still get junked more than I'd like, and I do watch carefully immediately after buying something.

Still, better that than deleting 250 messages a day.