NEWZ: Maxtor's *500* GB Hard Drives

Computer Generated Baby

Learning Storage Performance
  • ...3.5-inch 7200RPM 3.0Gb SATA and ATA 133 hard drives with capacity points up to 500GB in the third quarter of this year. The new capacity will span the company's line of award-winning products, including Maxtor QuickView (consumer electronics - DVR/STBs, DVD/HDD combo devices), MaXLine, DiamondMax, Maxtor Shared Storage, and Maxtor OneTouch brand hard drives...

The features will provide significant improvements in areas such as performance, thermal optimization, data management and security, interface and AV stream detection...

Read the full press release at: MAXTOR

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
The PR doesn't say which product line the 500 gagabytes drive will be part of (DiamondMax or MaxLine). I'd like to know the advertised access time and the POH rating too.

Thanks for the news Baby.

LOST6200

Storage is cool
Well, it is about time. Now the question is who will be first to distribute 500GB drives, Seagate, IBM or Matrox?

LOST6200

Storage is cool
How can you be so sure? Q3 could be July/August/September, or even December for all we know.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Available and shipping... but when will people actually be able to buy them?

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
500GB are available for configgy via Dell (for a very steep premium). Come to mama.