nForceFX chipset for Socket-A duallie

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
A blurb posted at hardocp makes mention of this possibility...They have a blueprint of the motherboard posted.
It has some interesting features, to say the least.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I was about to post it. They say a picture worthes a thousand words :

1046074777xfMg8NT3rq_1_1_l.gif

zx

Learning Storage Performance
Is this confirmed news? I suppose not...and for now, i hope not. I just bought a Tyan Tiger MPX... Ah well, i'll just have to upgrade when it comes out :).

zx

Anyway, if such chipset came out, it would be excellent news for the dual socket A platform. Dual channel DDR makes perfect sence in a dual processor system. Plus, the 760MPX and the boards based on it are getting a bit old, they lack such features as USB 2.0, Firewire, S-ATA, AGP 8X, etc... Right now, those things are not that important. But further down the road, consumers will look more and more for those features.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Dual LAN? Is that 10/100 or 1000BaseT? TigerMP(X) is OK but memory performance is lacking compared to the latest single CPU mobos.

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
Pradeep said:
Dual LAN? Is that 10/100 or 1000BaseT? TigerMP(X) is OK but memory performance is lacking compared to the latest single CPU mobos.

Sorry. Can't read the number on the BroadCom chip but it looks to say ethernet. There appears (green) to be a RealTek chip on there too.

Jan Kivar

I'd put my two cents (if I had some!) on just one Gbit NIC. The other one is from the chipset, and it's likely to be "just" 10/100.

Does anyone have preliminary info on the nForce FX chipset? Or some info on the Intel's ICH5? I'd really like to know whether either one will have southbridge integrated PATA controller.

Nice pic though. I'd like a board like that. Are the "EZ_PLUG1&2" just there to feed power to the board or what? There is a ATX12V plug between the EZ_PLUGs.

Cheers,

Jan

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
Slight reality check - I hope I'm wrong though.

Super I/O functions are already built in to current nForce south bridges - why is is separate in this "diagram"?

Isn't the AMD 8131 chip a K8 (Opteron) part? I thought it was the PCI-X tunnel? Is that relevent to this board?

This could be a clever mock up? Hope I'm wrong because nForce functionality combined with AMD dual setup could be a killer workstation but... <dash salt>