Nice screens

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I browsed through my old or rarely visited boolmarks this afternoon. I visited Princeton's web site (just to see if my old link wasn't broken) and I came accross one of their new flat panel display : the SENergy 981. Impressive to say the least. Unfortunately, I found no places where it's possible to buy it. Anyway, it's nice to dream about it...

Samsung has released a few new LCDs too. Their 152T, 172T and 181T especially look very interesting.

With fast response times, great contrast ratio, flicker-free images, perfect geometry and wider viewing angle (than before), the new generation of LCD seem almost ready to dethrone CRT as the best all-around display for maintream computers. Now if they can just work a bit harder on that damn pricing issue...

time

Storage? I am Storage!
With mediocre response times, poor contrast ratio, and appallingly narrow viewing angles, LCD seem nowhere near ready to dethrone CRT as the best all-around display for maintream computers. And on top of that they have that damn pricing issue...

:p

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
time said:
With mediocre response times, poor contrast ratio, and appallingly narrow viewing angles,
This is true for most, but not the one I mentioned above. 500:1 isn't a poor contrast ratio IMO. And while the advertized and real viewing angles are two different things, the new LCDs with 170/170 viewing angles are very usable. As for the response time, 25ms total isn't excellent, but it's tolerable and enough for almost all applications.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Don't forget the colour accuracy problems which mean that CRT's are still the only option for print work.