nVidia Class Action Dot ORG

ddrueding

Fixture
Heh, a buddy of mine bought <company>classaction.org for all the fortune 500/tech companies years ago. I bet this is one of his ;)

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Good thing I have records of buying those 8800GTXs...
Suing nVidia out of existence is just one step to living in a better world.

ddrueding

Fixture
Isn't cybersquating illegal?

Are you new here? Buying domain names based on projected future value is the same as buying property based on projected future value. He didn't buy nvidia.com, or microsoft.com; he bought names that he thought could be valuable.

In the past, he hasn't sold the names at all, instead he rented it out to a group that needed it. On a couple of occasions (where he was part of the "class") he's done the webmaster/organization part himself.

Immoral? Yes. But that is a different argument.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Did you just immigrate to this country? We have laws here to keep people from being taken advantage of. They don't always work, but they are there.

In particular, if you register a domain name which includes a trademarked or copyrighted "name" and don't use said domain, it's generally considered infringement. If you do use said domain, but not for a purpose which, even vaguely, has to do with the "name" in use, it may also be infringement -- and you've certainly opened yourself up for a suit by the holder.