OCZ Vertex 4 Review

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
Since this SSD is coming to market, reviews are starting to crop up:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5719/ocz-vertex-4-review-256gb-512gb

Performance wise, it's very fast (beating most models on the market benchmark wise), but Anand says there are some early firmware issues that should be resolved shortly. So in othre words wait until the firmware updates come out before buying one of these.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I always have the feeling that OCZ optimizes their SSDs for benchmarks rather than reliability.

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
@sd, lol. Too true.

Even Anand recommend the Samsung SSD over the OCZs, due to those issues.... (Not a direct quote, but Anand implies that throughout the review and review conclustion).

Handruin

Administrator
I always have the feeling that OCZ optimizes their SSDs for benchmarks rather than reliability.

Who wouldn't? They know these things appeal to a very specific market who looks at those benchmarks as a way to compare to other options. If I made a high performance SSD, I'd make sure it did well in the benchmarks. I'm sure graphics card manufacturers do the same to a certain extent.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I think they appeal to people who like to update firmware all the time and obtain technical help in the forums. They used to be called beta testers. Now they are called consumers.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
"Users exist to provide a load for testing purposes."
-- Oracle programmer