OT: Apology to China

Handruin

Administrator
Tea said:
Damn it, Mercutio, Tannin libelled you savagely here and didn't hear a peep out of you. You are slipping, old son.

Ah, I think you just posted a link on SR to SF. People may get confused and ask questions. :eekers:

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
What the hell.

(shrug)

I post links from SF to SR all the time and no-one notices. I have been posting links from SR to redhill for four years or so and nobody minds. I've had links from redhill to SR for nearly that long too and nobody cares. If Sean and the SR-is-God-Nazis want to get all upset about it, that's fine with me. I'll sic Tannin onto them.

No. Come to think of it, I won't bother. Time they grew up anyway, if they haven't already, which they probably have long since. A non-issue, I think. And if it isn't, then it's time it was.

Handruin

Administrator
I was surprised more then anything. I had not seen a link in the past that crossed between forums, so I was curious as to what would happen if someone sparked the question.

There has been no word from anyone at SR for months, and I haven't seen Davin around here at all, and Eugene doesn't write back.

It's seems sometimes like SR is gone, or no one is home. Updates are every 10 days judging by their dates on the front page, but that's about it.

I'm making a stink over nothing...no one will notice us. :)

If Sean and the SR-is-God-Nazis
ha! :lol:

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
(Totally irrelevant to anything)

I see Cougtek is up, that mean's it's time for me to hit the sack.

Sometimes, especially on Fridays, I get into a frame of mind when I feel like surfing round this place or SR but don't have a great deal to say. That's when it's nice to have a busy forum. You can just sort of sit back, relax, cruise the threads, watch the conversations popping up, maybe just participate a little.

But tonight, when I don't have the energy to jump into any of the several threads I'm intending to re-warm, let alone start off new ones, all is quiet. Even Storage Review, with it's vastly bigger user base, is quiet. At one stage there were just four people logged on there, all guests. Very quiet for SR.

Oddly enough, there is an old-style SR thread running at present, the one Frank Russo started on short stroking (I'm too tired to make a link, it's on the top page though), which threatens to turn into a storage-related discussion of genuine merit.

But it won't. Too many of the old regulars are gone, and those of us that still hang around the place are all posted out on the techo stuff, said it all before, shared 90% of our insights long since.

Two years ago, the old crew would have been all over that thread like a rash. Not any more.

Mind you, there is the odd new face ("new" as in "less than one year") to bring fresh light and different points of view. Russofris is an example: a good guy.

That reminds me (or something reminds me - hard to say what in this sleepy state). Maybe it's easier for you downside-up types, but I'm forever getting mixed up about who is just up and who is about to finish work and what day it is when people post. (Mind you, I take after Tannin - I have enough trouble remembering what day it is here, let alone any other place.)

Anyway, I thought it would be nice to have a page here where it would have a real-time readout of the time of day in different places, and the temperature too. I mean (bear with me here, I'm just rambling away) it would be nice to click on Cougtek's avatar and be told "6:30AM Monday in Montreal, Fine and clear, 5 degrees C" (or something like that), click on PeeWee's and be told "12 midnight Tuesday, 20 degrees, raining".

Dumb idea? What did you expect? It's late and it's Friday and I should go to bed. But I'll click "SUBMIT" anyway, and like the gambler wanting just one more roll, flick up to "FORUM INDEX" and see if there are any new posts yet.

What the hell - last night I was so tired that I found myself watching my virus scanner ....

Bartender, could I trouble you for a nightcap? Perhaps a nice glass of port.

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
I think that's a great idea. (Except I have no life at all ... so that sort of thing would appeal to me.)

You could almost extend/integrate that idea with the calendar (is it still on the beta server?).

Handruin

Administrator
Let me see what I can do. Before I try anything with this I need to get Coug's review up before he shoots me. Last week and this week have been busy!

I might be able to hack something into the avatar link where it would take to you the relative country link. I would need to figure out how to make it customizable. Sounds like a fun mod, great idea!

I have also been curious as to what time people here are awake and sleeping. I didn't even realize it's 7:09 PM in Austria. It is 1:09 PM right now, and I'm just finishing up lunch at work.

http://www.worldtimeserver.com

Handruin

Administrator
Probably a mistake again, it's not Victoria, that's someone else here. :roll:

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Handruin said:
Before I try anything with this I need to get Coug's review up before he shoots me.
No, I don't shoot people. I don't even have a gun. Trunked doubled-barrels are illegal here anyway so I wouldn't have fun to own a firearm.

I much prefer to do this manually. Much more rewarding. I usually start by broking an arm. It's quick and easy. Legs are much tougher. Of course, breaking the knee is a piece of cake, but breaking the thighbone, that's one hell of a job. Unless I really have something against the person, I don't bother, too much work. Crushing the ribs is another nice thing to try. However, you cannot crush all of them or else, the rest of the body doesn't hold very well after that. Like in everything, you have to act with moderation.

But I won't do all this just for a retarded review, especially with good excuses.

Platform

Learning Storage Performance
. .
I'm surprised that anyone would want to create (or re-create) a subject with this title, since the original on Storage Review was such an exquisite showcase of ignorance and xenophobia.

. .

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
I'd be more active, Bartender, but I only just got bloody Tannin to let go of the keyboard. For some reason completely beyond my ken, he just spent hours doing a ridiculously long and carefully researched post by way of discussion of the airliner market with Jason over at Storage Review.

http://forums.storagereview.net/viewtopic.php?p=32717#32717

And now I better see about lunch.

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
Bartender said:
Would you like Paulaner, Kapuziner, Erdinger, Einbecker, Koestritzer, or Maisel's? Would you like a slice of lemon with that?

Widmer Hefeweizen!!! Lemon, if you have it. No problem if not. In nothing smaller than a 21 once schooner, please.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Always marry an ugly girl
The're the only kind
Coz she'll never leave you
And if she does - you won't mind

Lyrics from a tune on a both kinds of music show that I happened to hear a little of the other night.

The Grammar Police

Learning Storage Performance
Allo, allo, allo? What's all this then?

The high and mighty Tannin misplacing an apostrophe, eh? You know what we do to people who misplace apostrophes, don't you?

Tannin said:
Always marry an ugly girl
The're the only kind
Coz she'll never leave you
And if she does - you won't mind

Go straight to your room, young Tannin, and don't come out until I say so.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Mercutio said:
I guess I'm the last holdout on the emoticons front, too. I really dislike the graphical smiley-faces used here and elsewhere. Typing a ":" and a ")" is too much work?

I have no idea what some of those annoying yellow symbols are supposed to mean, but :D :p ;) and :( are all pretty easy to understand and universal to any textual communication.

I think we could do without them with no loss in the quality of communication here.
Classic Mercutio... :lol: