OT: Apology to China

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Jazzed today

Santilli said:
Lately I have been practicing a bit of another martial art.

It mainly involves 45 caliber, and JEHH would enjoy it.

gs
:lol:

IPSC? IDPA?

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Ran into a guy that wants me to fire at combat target setups

That's IPSC, I think.

Just getting intrested...
gs

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
IPSC is great fun. Can be very costly, if you decide to go into "Open" class. Much more affordable is a stock class gun, which has limits on what mods you can do to it. If you wanna run around and shoot the crap out of bits of cardboard and knock down steel "pepper poppers" nothing is better :) And it's great to be competitive with your fellow shooters, a great day outdoors.

IDPA takes themselves more seriously, using cover and stuff like that.

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
I confess to a total lack of interest in the violent arts, be they conducted with fists or with more high-tech implements. No matter, gentlemen. I don't really need to return to this thread until I slip in to claim my rightful post #1000 and right the wrong that CougTek inflicted on us all back when the worl was younger.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Nope Tea, you won't have number 1000 this time either. The 1000th was, is and will be mine, like it or not. I said I would let you #2000, but I never said I would leave you #1000 (except when I thought you called me a son of a b**ch in a thread on the old feedback forum).

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
I think the solution is clear to all of us. Doug accidentally slips his hand off the mouse whilst in the admin control panel, causing CougTek's account to be temporarily suspended, which by an incredible coincidence occurs at the same time as posts 980-1000 of Apology to China. :D

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Pradeep: No more guns for special stuff

Well, except maybe, a nice little 375 H & H.

Anyway, I figure I'll use what I've got, SAA and a 45 acp.

gs

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Pradeep: No more guns for special stuff

Santilli said:
Well, except maybe, a nice little 375 H & H.

Anyway, I figure I'll use what I've got, SAA and a 45 acp.

gs

Is that a single stack and double stack 1911 style? Cause single stack won't get you far in IPSC. Need to get to at least 13 rounds per clip to be competitive, even then most are moving to .40 S&W for more capacity (16).

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Not buying another gun for IPSC

I was planning on using a 45 SAA Linebaugh, and backing that up with a Kimber, 45 ACP, with multiple clips.

I did fire the range masters 40 S & W, and it comes out of recoil very nicely, and, it's a big slug, at good velocity, with litte recoil. Sweet gun, Para-ordanance, and, I was hitting stuff with it. NOT one hole like him, but MOBG
"Minute of Bad Guy".

gs

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Dear oh dear. What on earth has happened to the China Thread? First it's ping-pong balls in the unmentionable, then it's naked and mindless brutality not even trying to disguide itself as a sport, and then it's bloody guns again.

sigh

And everybody seems to be ignoring it. Guess it's up to me and Tannin.

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Well, how about I fill you in on my day?

Been the quietest day I can remember on Storage Forum in quite a while. I know it is the weekend, Sunday night over here - that makes it, er , first thing Sunday moring on the East Coast USA I think, but that's no excuse. And for once, seeing as you are hiding in the office pretending to do your taxation paperwork, dear Tannin, and therefore family-free, we can play on the web as much as we like.

Anyway, we've damn-near finished the mammoth revision to the Red Hill hard drive guide, or brought it up to date enough not to completely cringe every time someone hits it anyway, and filled in the gaps with some fun on Storage Review.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Oh, everybody insults Picard.

But, seeing as I've got your undivided attention now, tell me this: What did you think of the guy over in SR who started off asking why people think RAID 0 is unreliable and ended up being told by HM the King that he could improve his chances with multiple controllers, and interpreted this to mean spend another $25.00 for another promise ultra66 and mod it to a Fasttrack66?

I mean, everybody knows we love our SCSI and don't mess with RAID of any flavour, but wasn't that a little over the top?

And another thing - did I tell you that The Giver messaged me today asking for his new sig?

What's that?

No! I'm not telling you what it is, you can wait and find out for yourself, same as everybody else.

Don't know about you, little sister, but I'm going home to bed. You can stay here and play a little longer if you like.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Bloody sisters. I've been home for hours and she still hasn't turned up. Sometimes I think I should have invented a brother instead. At least I might get to spend more time at the pub that way. Where is everyone?

Bartender!?

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Tannin, apparently you have gobs of time on you hands. I'll have the Bartender put a kettle on for us, and then help you out in the garden; tomatoes should be perfect this time of year. Hopefully in the next month or so, I can start planting again. The peach tree is already in bloom, and the lemons are deliciously ripe. To bad the Papaya trees didn't quite make it through the winter. I figured that some would get hit, but the smaller ones would be protected by the taller ones. I have one left, and maybe it will come back. If not, I'll have to buy some more Hawaiian Papayas and plant the seeds.

BR

Bartender

Storage is cool
Website
www.mittelsmann.net
My apologies for the bar being so quiet Tea. I know how much you enjoy the action, but many of the patrons have responsibilities (life) that take them away from here. Since you seem to have lots of energy, why don't you help me hook up some new kegs, I only have about 89 left.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
It was not one of the world's great threads anyway. (Unlike this one, of course.)

Seems to be my week for being rude to Picard. (Though I grant you it's a sort of public duty.) Did it in that thread and then again and much more explicitly in another thread, when he started on his "75GXPs work perfectly and it's all Microsoft's fault" mania once again. I have to admit, the guy has phenomenal persistance. He keeps hammering away at that line over and over and over, must have made over 100 posts on that same exact topic, and has never seemed in the slightest worried that he is repeating nonsense without troubling to find any evidence or logic to back it. Amazing.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Tannin,

That "Microsoft's fault" notion has always bewildered me. I understand the concepts of cache failing to 'flush', but the same principle should hold true if you simply cut power to the drive, yet it doesn't happen. Through SMART commands and proprietary utilities, drive manufacturers know (obviously we do too) how to recover from these types failures and understand that it is only data corruption, not sector corruption. Doesn't Picard even know the concept behind an Error Correction routine?

I've resolved within myself that certain comments simply are not worthy of a reply.

BR

James

Storage is cool
Buck said:
I've resolved within myself that certain comments simply are not worthy of a reply.
Yeah, that would be my attitude if I didn't have in the back of my mind : "some new guy is going to come along, read that, and get bad information."

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Hell Buck, you know me.

I blame Microsoft for the proliferation of bloatware, excessive OS prices, blue screens of death, failed installs, destabilisation of independant standards, lack of innovation in the software industry, for buggering up the classic 101 keyboard, for Australia's balance of payments defecit with the United States of Seattle, for inflicting GDI printers and crappy Winmodems on the entire world, for turning the whole damn internet into a clone of AOL, for making Apple uses look almost intelligent, for the failure of the Russian wheat crop, for starting the Arab-Israeli wars, and for the Great Fire of London. Not to mention the Black Death.

Now whatever you may say about our other talents (or lack of them, more to the point), happen to be very good indeed at some things. Trust me, If there was any way to blame Microsoft for the self-destructing IBM hard drives, Tannin and I would have thought of it long since.

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Ahh, I see that you are up early once again Flagreen. Top of the mornin' to you. I think you'll beat your arch-rival CougTek today, he was posting up until about 8PM my time, which is to say ~ four hours ago. He will be sleeping it off right now, no doubt, while you are enjoying the best part of the day, with the birds singing and the early sunlight gentle through the trees, the air fresh and cool and invigorating outside. And you, it seems, indoors and hunched over the computer, oblivious to it all.

Ahh, we humans, we are funny creatures.

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Well that's what having kids does to you. I drive my son to school at 7:00AM each weekday. If I've stayed up late on line it can be a bit rough crawling out of the rack on time. At the moment we are having a cold snap here in Florida. Temperatures are in the 40F range here in St. Petersburg. So most of the migratory birds who winter down here are probably wondering if they actually are in Florida at all. As for me, I enjoy the cold weather we have each year as 9 months of summer gets very old.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
My first-ever post to a China thread

You call 40F cold? That's horrid. Come visit me or Clocker or timwhit (or, if you're truly a glutton for punishment, Cougtek), next time there's a real cold snap. 40F cold... 40F is just about cold enough to put on a jacket, that's how cold 40F is.

Of course, for whatever reason, the average temps where I'm at have hovered around 40F all winter (about 25 degrees above normal), so perhaps my snow-hating self shouldn't be complaining.

There's a reason every aged New Yorker moves to Florida, you know. :p

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Madison is a wonderful place in the winter. Two days ago, it was 6 degrees F after wind chill, man thats cold.

Let's see what it is today, as I haven't made it outside yet.

20°F Feels Like: 12°F

UV Index: 3 Low
Wind: From the Northeast at 6 mph
Dew Point: 6°F
Humidity: 48 %
Visibility: Unlimited
Barometer: 30.37 inches and rising

The wind isn't bad today, but some days like a lot of days the wind is horrible here. Forget Chicago, Madison is always windy.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Tea said:
Ahh, I see that you are up early once again Flagreen. Top of the mornin' to you. I think you'll beat your arch-rival CougTek today, he was posting up until about 8PM my time, which is to say ~ four hours ago. He will be sleeping it off right now, no doubt, while you are enjoying the best part of the day,...
Too bad I missed that one. I'll make an effort this week to wake up early and give Bill a bit of competition.

It's true that morning is a great part of the day. I love to drive early in the week-end, around 6am when I'm almost alone on the highway. Watching the Sun rise with a coffee cup near is one of my favorite moment. Unfortunately, I'm not a morning man at all so it doesn't happen very often. I hope this will change as the years will pass on and my body will need less sleeping hours.