pci SLOT MODEM/fax????

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
ddrueding said:
Oh, and no-one is beter off with ISDN. Better to have a major brain injury and not be aware of the internets existence.

I still have the dial up and PCI modem. So what does that make me, besides unhip?

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
I'm still hanging on to my Zoom external fax/modem. It's in a box somewhere. Add me to the list of Patron Saints of Dialup.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
No, no, not the poles. Not cold either. The equator, and hot (well, comparitively). Whatcha doin up so late?

ddrueding

Fixture
Just got home from dancing. Need to drive the GF to the airport at 5AM, debating just staying up. Unfortunatly, I'll be in SF until 1AM Thursday morning, and have been awake since 6AM this morning, so it might hurt a bit.

How about you?

ddrueding

Fixture
Eh, I just don't like to waste time I could be spending with women, or making money so I can have a better time with women later.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
I ordered a zoom modem, and, if I can't get the mubs modem to work, I'll use it. about 40 bucks, from newegg, with shipping.

If Mubs does work, I'll put the zoom in my computer, and use it for faxing.

Thanks all

Greg

David IS a whore. ;-) Just kidding, and, I love him anyway....

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
I hope the one you ordered is not for your gunsmith friend. :crap:

Bozo :joker:

ddrueding

Fixture
One of the advantages of being male. The girl I'm taking to dinner tonight called me a womanizer last weekend in the pool, then smiled. Being a man-whore is far more socially accepted than the female alternative.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Santilli said:
I ordered a zoom modem, and, if I can't get the mubs modem to work, I'll use it. about 40 bucks, from newegg, with shipping.

If Mubs does work, I'll put the zoom in my computer, and use it for faxing.
Er...did I send you a modem :confused:? If I did, my Alzheimer's is worse than I realized.:crap:

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Hi Thanks all.
I will either use the zoom in my other box for faxing, or return it. Also, it will give me a backup if the software used doesn't like 2003 Server.

Mubs and Will Richards:
Do you have links to the software that goes with the modems, so I can download it, prior to the 2 hour drive up there?
Jacks connection is like 14-24K most of the time.

Thanks again.

Sincerely

Greg
PS Buck, thank you for working up the webpage. What would it cost to run, and, could we change pictures, etc, from this end? He's also had email problems as well.
thanks for a WONDERFUL PRESENT. I'll try and link to it for him, through email.

LunarMist

ddrueding said:
One of the advantages of being male. The girl I'm taking to dinner tonight called me a womanizer last weekend in the pool, then smiled. Being a man-whore is far more socially accepted than the female alternative.

OK, if you think so... :rolleyes:

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Will Richards:
Thanks for the modem. 2003 detected it, but, when it tried to dial, it only came through with a couple numbers, and wouldnt' dial all the way through. Cable problems?

Never got a chance to try Mubs modem, because Jack was going to the Reno gun show, and didn't have time.

Next week, I'm going to get this right.

Thanks to both of you, for the hardware. I'll get it yet.

Greg

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
WHOOPS!!!
WHOEVER SENT THE MODEM TO JACK'S HOUSE, THANK YOU.
That's the one I can only get to dial a couple numbers.

Will Richards, I didn't get a chance to install your modem, and give it a try.

More next week.

Greg

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Will Rickards said:
Bozo maybe?

Yep, it be me.

I couldn't find the manual and it's been years since I used it. Maybe someone here can remember how to set up a US Robotics external modem.

Bozo :joker:

NRA Life Member

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
2003 detected it, setup drivers, but, when it went to dial the number, it went about 4 numbers and quit. I've setup modems before, and, I got in and tried to find what could be causing it, and no joy.

I could also have tried another modem, but, Jack didn't have time.

Bozo's is in a box, ready to go, and I didn't get a chance to install it. I sent the one back to newegg.com, and, since I never opened it, they waved the restocking fee.
Just paid shipping.

Woof, woof, woof is sort of related to the comment something like 'as at home as a dog in a bowling alley".

Somebodies reference to my posts in the Something Random thread, where, I went off on a tangent, reminded of waves, and swells duration, by David's post on sailing.

Also, considering everyone here, except me, is a computer professional, well, I am sort of the dog in the bowling alley.

Greg

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Santilli said:
Woof, woof, woof is sort of related to the comment something like 'as at home as a dog in a bowling alley".

Somebodies reference to my posts in the Something Random thread, where, I went off on a tangent, reminded of waves, and swells duration, by David's post on sailing.

Also, considering everyone here, except me, is a computer professional, well, I am sort of the dog in the bowling alley.

Greg
I was thinking of Oddball from Kelly's Heroes.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Santilli said:
2003 detected it, setup drivers, but, when it went to dial the number, it went about 4 numbers and quit.
If you need to dial a digit like 9 to first get an outside line, make sure that's been put in the modem properties dialog.

LunarMist

You guys are cracking me up! A little memory loss, Greg? :D ;)