Personal life hell

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
If I seem grumpy, mean or absent over the next few weeks, not that anyone will necessarily miss my almost jehh-like omnipresence... I'm living in something not unlike a particularly stereotypical "Jerry Springer" (that's the trashiest show on TV, period, for all outside the US) episode at the moment.

To even describe it would probably be enough for Flagreen to mod me.

But anyway, if I'm excessively mean or depressed-sounding here or on SR, that's why.

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
Best of luck Mercutio with whatever is going on. Bartender is correct - even my multiple personalities would offer support. 8)

Mercutio

Eh. Don't drink to begin with, although at the moment I wish I did.

Just don't have anyone to talk to about what's going on. In fact, if I understood what was going on, I'd probably not be complaining. Here isn't the place to talk either.

But since this is what passes in my life for social activity, y'all probably at least rate a hint for forthcoming weirdness...

Handruin

Administrator
Sorry to hear things aren't going so great for ya. As the Bartender said, let us know if there is something we can help with. I hope you can work things out.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
If you need an ear to bend, I'll listen. Email me and I'll give you my phone number. I'm a good listener. Note, it is long distance though and thus may cost a dime or two.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
That's why cell phones are so nice. I can call anywhere in the country for no charge. Since I have a ton of night-time minutes (2150) I can talk for hours on end, or until my battery dies.

Lots of people complain about the lack of daytime minutes, but if you sleep all day then that isn't much of a problem anymore, is it?

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
This too shall pass. Life is peaks and valleys dude. You'll peak again soon.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Currently at 7.56 posts a day, you are still far from Jason's 22+ posts/day. Your omnipresence is still very tolerable, don't worry. And at least YOU bring content with most of your contributions.

Ditto with what Bill said about life being like roller-coaster. Sunshine will come after the tempest, as long as you don't do something stupid in the meanwhile. Patience and wisdom, big guy, have both and you should be rewarded.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
BTW, feel free to call me too. However, I'll probably not understand a damn word of what you'll be saying unless you have no accent at all. ;-)

Mercutio

I'm sure the way I speak is very different from the way you or Tannin or jtr or NRG or Gary H. or PeeWee speak (er, English). Probably that's an interesting project for someone here.

And I'm not much for phones. I don't really like them, particularly talking to someone I haven't met before. I think it's a problem a lot of introverted types have. Anyway, my cell phone costs me a young fortune already. A call to Washington or Quebec would probably ruin me. :|

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
Mercutio said:
And I'm not much for phones. I don't really like them, particularly talking to someone I haven't met before. I think it's a problem a lot of introverted types have. Anyway, my cell phone costs me a young fortune already. A call to Washington or Quebec would probably ruin me. :|
Well, if you want to call just over the state line, Aurora IL isn't very far. I've acted as guidance counselor for friends several times.

- Fushigi

Mercutio

The gross oversimplification of my problems stem from the fact that Amy just finished her 1st year of med school, her only time off she gets until she finishes her internship, and she's realized that she's never lived alone and, uh (and this is non-personal and non-specific as I can get), wants some different experiences.

The result for me is that I might have to move out of our apartment (hence a possible absence from the internet) until she decides if she wants me to be in her life or not. I'm trying to give her the space she needs, to not bother her or drive her away, while at the same time be supportive of whatever she decides. It's like walking an emotional tightrope.

The whole story is far, far more complicated. I've alternated between being physically ill and utterly numb all week. Participation on these forums keeps me occupied when I'm not working, though, which is probably a good thing.

How's rent over in Aurora, Fushigi?

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
Mercutio said:
The gross oversimplification of my problems stem from the fact that Amy just finished her 1st year of med school, her only time off she gets until she finishes her internship, and she's realized that she's never lived alone and, uh (and this is non-personal and non-specific as I can get), wants some different experiences.
I went through one of those right after leaving college. My gf of a couple of years wanted to date around to make sure. After about 3 months, she came back but I, who hadn't been interested in seeing others, had by chance reunited with a high school friend who eventually became the 1st, now ex, wife. So the gf lost out because she wanted to check out the grass on the other side of the fence.

OTOH, My best friend is getting married in July. His fiancee went through a little of that before they got serious. She wasn't sure yet, which at the time was understandable as they hadn't known each other for very long. Patience on his part & a wise choice on her part prevailed and, as mentioned, they are getting married in a few weeks.

I don't know any other couple who have (admitted to) gone though this so I comment on them. So, while it's not a great thing, the relationship cansurvive it and either way you will be emotionally stronger by the end of it.

The result for me is that I might have to move out of our apartment (hence a possible absence from the internet) until she decides if she wants me to be in her life or not. I'm trying to give her the space she needs, to not bother her or drive her away, while at the same time be supportive of whatever she decides. It's like walking an emotional tightrope.

The whole story is far, far more complicated. I've alternated between being physically ill and utterly numb all week. Participation on these forums keeps me occupied when I'm not working, though, which is probably a good thing.

I used to get physically ill over heavily emotional situations as well. Not so much anymore; I guess the logic side of my brain has too much control.
How's rent over in Aurora, Fushigi?
I bought this time. The mortgage sucks but we can swing it. Here's the house: http://www.lakewoodhomes.com/Lmodel.asp?LBLPage=2&Model=50 There's just two of us plus a dog & cat so the place is overkill but neither of us were interested in starter homes. We've outfitted all but one bedroom but have nothing but bookcases in the living room (which we will use as a media library).

- Fushigi

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I heard that story before. Many women do that at random times of their life. I can't understand why, most men can't understand why and like many things women do, I don't think they even understand why themselves. Most things that happen between the ears of women seem totally deprived of logic, at least to me. I guess that's part of the deal with them.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
and, they take pride in the illlogic...

Good luck. Email me if I can be of help.

God Bless, and good luck,...

gs