PNY 128 GB USB 3 thumb stick - $29.99 + $0.99 shipping

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
I just tried buying one. It shows up as $59.99 in the shopping cart. Is this Tiger Direct's idea of a late April fool's joke?

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
They came to $33.73 each with tax from Amazon. I ordered a pair. Now I should be good on backup space for the next few years. :)

sedrosken

Florida Man
Website
sedrosken.xyz
I finally have a little bit of money, but alas, I need to keep it back for driver's training this summer. Not like I have any USB 3 hardware anyway, not that it's terribly expensive or anything, but nothing I own has it and nothing I regularly use has it. You'd think that for $850 apiece in 2014 those Thinkpads the college has would have USB 3, but nope. All 2.0.

The fans in this C2Q make this most annoying whistling sound coming through the ventilation holes on the side. Not debilitating or distracting unless you let it be, but good god when I'm screwing around is it annoying. If my Inspiron 530 ever had this problem (it has literally the exact same case aside from some front-panel placement options and color) it never revealed itself to me. I'm actually not sure if it's whistling... wait. I left folding on at full. It's just the fans kicking higher and lower as F@H is only taking my CPU idle time and it's confused as to how much I'm going to be using at any given time, and when CPU usage is low enough this thing has some concept of SpeedStep, going down from 2.66GHz to 2.33 and slowing the fans a tad. Not much of a power saver, IMO, but I'm too lazy to go into the BIOS and turn it off -- also I'm afraid that if I do, it'll lock itself to the lowest speed available.

Stereodude

Not really a
I have one. Unfortunately it's slow. I posted a benchmark here. Later in that thread I posted benchmark results for a fast USB 3.0 flash drive, the Sandisk Extreme CZ80 64gB.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I have one. Unfortunately it's slow. I posted a benchmark here. Later in that thread I posted benchmark results for a fast USB 3.0 flash drive, the Sandisk Extreme CZ80 64gB.

It's slower than the fastest, but still faster than many other USB 3.0 flash drives.