Politics

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
To understand "the power of positive thinking" and "prosperity gospel" is to understand how Trump thinks.

fb

Storage is cool
Oops... I hope someone didn't want to destabilise USA by helping a certain candidate. That only happens in banana republics as far as I know.

mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/us/politics/russia-intelligence-communications-trump.amp.html

fb

Storage is cool
Maybe I should mention that there are certain links between Russia and right wing nutjobs all over Europe too, Sweden included. So USA is not alone there.

fb

Storage is cool
But I kind of doubt Davids that russian "contact" wants to destabilise western governments. ;)

And I talk with Peruvian intelligence every day, by the way. I haven't noticed anything suspicious activity here either. :)

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
I don't know. From where I stand America hasn't stood for anything good for more than 50 years. Trump is just ending the hypocrisy of us acting like we're savoir of the planet while imposing our will on countries less powerful than us. America has always stood for "America first". At least we're finally being honest about this.

Well said, JTR. The rest of the world, of course, has been aware of this for many decades. It's a bit like having bad breath or having an unfaithful partner: the person most concerned is always to last one to figure it out.

I don't say that to be offensive to my American friends. It's just a fact. It's good to have it out in the open.

What concerns me more at this time is that we (we the whole damn world) seem to be gradually starting to believe that there is some decency and good in Putin's Russia. This is, frankly, insane. I'd rather have Brezhnev or even Mao to deal with that Putin. Any day. All day long. That man is evil. Pure evil.

Edit: In fairness, I might add that Australia, which was once a reasonably decent global citizen on the whole, has abandoned any pretension to being anything other than a nasty bragging bully or a cringing sycophant, depending on who we are talking to at the time. The rot started in the 1970s, and really set in under Howard 20-odd years ago. When the Abbott/Trumble government came to power about four years ago, we stopped even pretending to be decent.

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
Edit: In fairness, I might add that Australia, which was once a reasonably decent global citizen on the whole, has abandoned any pretension to being anything other than a nasty bragging bully or a cringing sycophant, depending on who we are talking to at the time. The rot started in the 1970s, and really set in under Howard 20-odd years ago. When the Abbott/Trumble government came to power about four years ago, we stopped even pretending to be decent.
I think that's part of the reason why Pauline Hanson is getting so much support from the populous. The general population now see that most politicians are there (especially those in the two main parties), do not support the people as a whole, but merely in parliament to enhance their own wealth...

As Trumbles slogan at the last election goes: Jobs and Growth... Jobs (for my mates) and Growth (of my and my friends personal wealth).

fb

Storage is cool
Tucker Carlson at Fox News, Donald Trumps primary source of facts is seems, recently reported that Sweden had 1,5 million increase of reported crimes last year. Wich, according to Fox News was a 6,5% increase.

That means that every Swedish citizen, from newly borns, to 100 year olds, usually reports 2,5 crimes to the police evey year.

The official statistics says that we had 1,5 million reported crimes in total, with an increase of 6470 crimes during 2016. That is an increase of 0%.

By the way, we don't imprison people who expresses their opinion either. It has been legal to express your opionion freely in Sweden since 1766, a quarter of a century before USA got the first amendment in 1791.

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
So what's the general mood in the US at the moment regarding the DPRK situation? Or are there other domestic issues that tend to be considered more important at the moment?

At least China and Russia have (informally) indicated they will most likely remain neutral if lil'Kim starts it...

DrunkenBastard

Storage is cool
So what's the general mood in the US at the moment regarding the DPRK situation? Or are there other domestic issues that tend to be considered more important at the moment?

At least China and Russia have (informally) indicated they will most likely remain neutral if lil'Kim starts it...

Absolutely no concern at all. Any attempt to strike Guam would be met with such a devastating response even Kim has enough sense not to try it.

Domestically Trump opened his mouth and said there was fault on both sides, when referring to the Charlottesville, Virginia situation where a white supremacist drove his car into a group of anti Nazi protestors, killing one lady and injuring 19.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/15/us/politics/trump-press-conference-charlottesville.html