PSYCHO CLIENT

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Have to post this.

"Friend" sold a 1500 dollar DD computer setup for about 1000 bucks.

"f" went psycho, and threatened to throw the monitor through the window.

Just offered him 500 cash to for the computer, to never deal with him again.

We'll see how this plays out.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I don't understand the point. This is some personal complaint? Is the individual really mentally unstable?

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
Have to post this.

"Friend" sold a 1500 dollar DD computer setup for about 1000 bucks.

"f" went psycho, and threatened to throw the monitor through the window.

Just offered him 500 cash to for the computer, to never deal with him again.

We'll see how this plays out.

Uh, probably shouldn't post when UR completely inebriated (high) :bstd:...you make slightly more sense when ur sober... just sayin :D

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
I gave the guy, now my roommate, two Matrox G450s, and another, newer Nvidia AGP cards, along with a very expensive Granite Digital cable, and terminator, to keep in case the 1650 ATI goes south, and we need to test it. I thought I would not have any use for them.

I went to work, came back, and, I had been using the internet connection to download some TV shows he wanted to watch. The torrents apparently took enough bandwidth so he was having a hard time watching streaming video to watch the same shows I was downloading for him.

He thought the ATI card was at fault, and was going out, because the video was playing slow and choppy.

What really caused the problem was alcohol, stupidity, and God knows what else.

He then lied, and said he had thrown out the stuff I'd given him, and etc.

I was caught completely off guard. I thought the guy would be happy with the gift, but no,....

The end of the story was once the torrents downloaded, everything was fine.

I offered to buy the computer back for 500 dollars, so I'll never have to do any service on it.

It's really weird, it's like a little kid who gets really frustrated with a new toy. Some people shouldn't be allowed to own computers....

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Funny how you can work with someone for over 10 years, and not really know them...And, you're right...

Stereodude

Not really a
That or communicate... You know tell him your downloading the shows so he doesn't try to watch them on Hulu.

Or, you could get a router with QoS. :p

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Better solution. Instead of 'bugging me' for the current shows, he wants to get his own
system that allows him to download and record movies. 200 bucks in hardware, and about 7 bucks a month. Don't know if that includes the cable service.

Good chance to get him his OWN internet connection, hardwired, and his own service, and
stop that part of this. It's funny how it went from a treat for him to a duty for me...

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Ahh, the ending chapter in this story.

The guy moved out, to move in with his drug dealer friend in Oakland.
I didn't mention he got high on cocaine, and, I woke up to a house filled with smoke, 5am, and, the smoke alarm going off. He burned himself, really bad, trying to take the flaming frying pan onto the porch, and, tried to throw it onto a very dry area that would have gone up in flames, fast. It burnt out on the porch, instead. So, he tried to burn the entire area down, with his stupidity. Funny thing is, right next to the stove is a working fire extingusher.

This was October 1st. I told the guy to get out of the house, and never bring drugs in, one of my requirements for a roommate. He finally got out in about Feb, giving 10 days notice 3 times. Since he some time gave me work, I tried to part on decent terms, without any of what I was thinking happening.

So, he's been in Oakland for about 2 months, and, he's let his roommate/drug dealer use his computers. His laptop won't boot, and, neither will the Athlon 3200.

I agree to look at the laptop in a parking lot, telling him it will be between 50-100 bucks.
It has Vista, Toshiba. Took me 15 minutes to boot into the recovery stuff, run it, and, the laptop is back working.It had Kaza, and some other garbage on it, thanks to the roommate I'm sure, and, I didn't do anything but run disk check to get it to boot. I told him I would clean it up
when he paid me.
He said he would pay me the next day when he dropped off the desktop.

He never showed, and, at least called me, and told me he wasn't coming.

Figured that was the end to that story, totally.

A week goes by, and, a guy, B, that I know calls, working on Jim's computer. Jim sexually harassed a girl at this guys work place, and, got fired. The guy, B, brought Jim back into work, and, the girl saw him. She complained, and, B was fired, costing him a 100 grand a year job, and making a mess of his life.

B tells me that the cpu fan quit working, and, that Jim had managed to start it so many times that the CPU was fried beyond recognition. He was calling to find out what the cpu was, and, he was thinking of replacing it for Jim.

I told him, and hung up. The following Tuesday night I get a call at 11:42PM, from Jim.
I don't take it, but, he leaves a message that he worked that night in my area, and, had gone out for a drink. (Jim was busted for driving with out a license, and without insurance
in Walnut Creek. The amazing part was both stops he was either drunk or high, and, he got away with it both times). He wants to know if I think he should buy another CPU
or just give up on it.

I never call him back, but just email he should listen to B, who thinks Jim should just have a laptop.

The night Jim calls, the door on my car is punched in. Nothing is taken, but, if the lock worked, which it doesn't, it would be about 100 bucks to fix. Figure that is Jim's parting gift.

Amazing some of the people you meet in life.

I forgot to mention Jim has no respect for others property. It made him a nightmare to live with, and, my girlfriend says if he's ever near here, she's calling the Walnut Creek Police.
He's a thief, eats all your food, leaves a huge mess, and expects you to clean it up.

I bring this up, since the new drug dealer roommate is moving out after less then a month.
So, Jim has the place, and, the new landlord is going to go through roommate after roommate, until he figures out Jim is the problem.

We have another friend that Jim calls everytime he moves. He's moved something like 8 times in two years. What a peach.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Who needs an excuse?

Watch Pacific Heights sometime. Turns out even if you know someone for a long time, you may not REALLY know them.

Big difference between putting up with random weird behavior, and, being around it all the time, and, seeing it up close and personal.

I will say there were hints, but, most of what I posted here I found out after the guy moved in.

My original take was the guy was a L.A. hustler/bull artist, who is really good at fooling people. He's still doing it. I had hopes, and a bit
of evidence in prior business dealings that he paid his bills, if not always promptly.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Ok, the prank has lasted long enough....

Greg, after all those years, there's something we need to tell you : there's a "kick me" sticker on your back.

Now let me take a closer look and help you to remove that...eh, wait a second...WTF, it's a tatoo!

;)

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
CT:
Got that here. I guess anyone that uses raid arrays on Macs, 12 years ago deserves it;-)

Plus, this idiot is a bit clock work orange. You'd never believe it, unless it happened to you.

On the otherhand, I had Diane Hsu, so eat your heart out;-)

S