Router Build

Sol

Storage is cool
I'm not sure that rule is right (If the source is the wan then shouldn't the dest_ip be the routers external ip?) but I'm not entirely sure it's needed.

If you're using luci you could just install the luci firewall app and configure the rules with that instead. It might be simpler.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I'm not sure that rule is right (If the source is the wan then shouldn't the dest_ip be the routers external ip?) but I'm not entirely sure it's needed.

If you're using luci you could just install the luci firewall app and configure the rules with that instead. It might be simpler.

I am using luci, that's how I configured the rule.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
I found the x-wrt disty was much easier to get up and running than other combinations of openwrt. I just didn't have the patience to work on it.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I finally got the port forwarding to work. Always test from outside the network. This was certainly much more difficult to setup than a Linksys router. Hopefully, it will be more stable. The speeds are definitely a lot better than with the BEFSX41.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I found the x-wrt disty was much easier to get up and running than other combinations of openwrt. I just didn't have the patience to work on it.

After spending 5 hours on OpenWRT setup, you are probably right, but I can't abandon this now that everything is working.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I got an Intel Pro 2200BG Wireless card out of a broken laptop and put it in the RouterStation Pro. It doesn't even boot up with the card installed. A few Google searches confirm that other people have the same problem.

Handruin

Administrator
Wow, sub-$100 layer 3 1,000,000 pps for 64-byte packets. Line rate (3 Gbps) across all three ports for 512-byte packets and higher. Does sound good. No WiFi though, but I'm sure it could be added on with a separate access point.

ddrueding

Fixture
I also like that is has a web-based GUI front-end that is capable of launching a console. When their wireless devices became popular they even released a (free!) client app that was able to monitor and configure many links at once. That would be awesome.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I noticed that the RouterStation Pro has been EOLed, is there something else out there that's comparable?