So...how was the weather today?

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Hi. I've noticed that Timwhit, Ddrueding and SDBardwick have been loggued in for the past, what...45 minutes, if not an hour. So, since you're all here gentlemen, you might as well post something.

Or I could just do something that would Timwhit would have to moderate :diablo:

Last edited:

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I haven't been outside since Friday. But, it rained most of the weekend here.

DD's a mod also.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Managed to cut the lawn before the rain. I have a rare lawn advantage against a couple of neighbors. Which will last a day. Still apparently it makes enough oxygen to sustain the family :)

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Last week was awful. Hauled around $25K in gear, drove over 1800 miles, flew over 3K miles so far and it was less productive than any week in nearly ten years. Temperatures ranged from 25 - 104 °F, including rain, hail and snow in different states. F*ck the weather. :mad:

Handruin

Administrator
Raining most of the weekend. I was away and traveled a bunch in the local area going to Vermont and New Hampshire going to general auctions with the girlfriend and her mom and grandma. Was an interesting and fun time since I'd never been to an auction before.

Yesterday I didn't do much. I slept in and cleaned up my place doing laundry. I went out to eat with her family to a Tapas restaurant. The food and experience were good.

I rebuilt her mom's Compaq laptop with WinXP since it had the original install from about 5-6 years ago and was now having blue screening issues. So far it seems good.

ddrueding

Fixture
A fresh install of Windows 7 Home Premium, Office 2010 Standard, Firefox, NOD32, and Skype on a modified MSI U100 took me all day. Because it was all in Russian. Thanks to MSDN, I have access to the foreign language disks, and have now built my mother-in-law a computer for her to Skype with (and teach herself computer skills). U100 with 2GB RAM and a 60GB Vertex is a nice little box.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
A fresh install of Windows 7 Home Premium, Office 2010 Standard, Firefox, NOD32, and Skype on a modified MSI U100 took me all day. Because it was all in Russian. Thanks to MSDN, I have access to the foreign language disks, and have now built my mother-in-law a computer for her to Skype with (and teach herself computer skills). U100 with 2GB RAM and a 60GB Vertex is a nice little box.

Couldn't your wife help with the Russian?

ddrueding

Fixture
I was trying to make it a surprise; a demonstration of my knowledge and a gift for mom, and it was, it just took a hell of a lot longer than a normal build.

ddrueding

Fixture
You should not put yourself thru that again. Stay there.

That is funny.

The last time I went to Asia I had to return in coach, and the trip was amazingly bad. I don't have flight anxiety, nor am I traditionally claustrophobic, but something about having to be in a small space and not do anything for that period of time really drives me nuts. In business there was room to (literally) dance in just the legroom of our seats.

Stereodude

Not really a
You should not put yourself thru that again. Stay there.
And this would help you how? :scratch: I'm not in the same country as you. Being on a different continent wouldn't change much. They do have internet access in Japan too. :skepo:

LunarMist

That is funny.

The last time I went to Asia I had to return in coach, and the trip was amazingly bad. I don't have flight anxiety, nor am I traditionally claustrophobic, but something about having to be in a small space and not do anything for that period of time really drives me nuts. In business there was room to (literally) dance in just the legroom of our seats.

The last flights I returned on were uncomfortable even in business. Seating and footrests were poorly designed for me, so sleeping was not feasible. Yet it is rather better than 13-14 hours in coach, especially when one must work the next day. :bravo:

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Then you must check out Meaty, Beaty, Big and Bouncy and Who's Next. Their two best.
Maybe that's because one of them is a compilation album?

Honestly, I think Quadrophenia is their best album. At least, it made a better movie than Tommy did....

LunarMist

The Who was never my favorite, and I did not care much when Moon died.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Keith Moon was probably the most entertaining drummer to ever wield sticks.

One of the intriguing aspects of The Who was the amazing virtuosity of their 'rhythm section', with both the drummer and bassist (John Entwhistle) frequently included in the very top ranks of rock musicians.

Similarly, both the drummer and guitarist in Led Zeppelin were extraordinary. But 40+ years on, I think The Who's music is more relevant.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
John Bonham and Neil Peart are higher in my palmares.

Similarly, both the drummer and guitarist in Led Zeppelin were extraordinary. But 40+ years on, I think The Who's music is more relevant.
Yet I hear a lot more Led Zeppelin in bars (mainly Stairway to Heaven and Black Dog) than The Who in bars. I don't know if it's only a local or North American trend, but Zeppelin seems to have crossed time better.

LunarMist

One of the intriguing aspects of The Who was the amazing virtuosity of their 'rhythm section', with both the drummer and bassist (John Entwhistle) frequently included in the very top ranks of rock musicians.

No, it can't be 40+ years. Am I that old? :eek:

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
It has been brutally hot in Florida for a week now. Within ten minutes outdoors you're soaking wet with perspiration. It's almost enough to make me want to move north again.

As for The Who, they were great when they playing full time years ago, but they embarrased themselves with that awful Superbowl performance. I thought Tom Petty rocked the place when The Heart Breakers played a few years ago at halftime.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Yet I hear a lot more Led Zeppelin in bars (mainly Stairway to Heaven and Black Dog) than The Who in bars. I don't know if it's only a local or North American trend, but Zeppelin seems to have crossed time better.
I feel like the Who have a more "investigative" quality than a bar quality to their music....

LunarMist

The neighboring trees were drastically cut down. Now there is horrific afternoon sun in this workroom. Two computer systems are not helping either. It is ~5 °F warmer than elsewhere. :( I'm tired of summer already and it will be a long one.

LunarMist

John Bonham and Neil Peart are higher in my palmares.

I have not been in a bar since '88 due to the smoke. Is smoking still allowed in bars?