Something Random

ddrueding

Fixture
My wife doesn't do that kind of thing. I'm trying to train her (as best I can) to say what she wants ASAP, and to recognize when the time to say something has passed. She told me she didn't want me to go and why, and I did my best to resolve her concerns.

paugie

Storage is cool
In my case, she wouldn't worry if I went on some "dangerous" thing such as that mountain trek last March. But that's now. And we've been married since 1973. Of course if I shed some blood it probably would be different. But I didn't.
During our first few years, she would be worried sick given the same situation. =)

Stereodude

Not really a
FWIW, this site does not load well from Taiwan. You have to hit the refresh button after getting the "cannot find server" message a bunch of times.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Well, my car is "done" but I just got a call that my car is missing the interior reinforcement for the front bumper.

I've never had any work done front of my car, and the Carfax report doesn't show any accidents, and the car passed its original inspection from Carmax, but now the shitheads who have my car are telling me my car is so unsafe that I can't drive it until that piece gets put in.

I'm saying that I have a warranty that should cover that. They're saying the warranty probably won't cover that.

They've had my car, I don't know, two months. A long ass time.

At what point is it justifiable to just go down there and start throwing rocks at the windshields of the cars on their lot?

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
I've never had any work done front of my car, and the Carfax report doesn't show any accidents, and the car passed its original inspection from Carmax, but now the shitheads who have my car are telling me my car is so unsafe that I can't drive it until that piece gets put in.

Seriously though, it sounds like something to ask Carmax about.

Mercutio

I don't have any idea whom to believe. These shitheads have had my car two months and supposedly put $8000 worth of parts and labor in it. Are they trying to scam for even more money?

I had a clean car history report and a national used car chain that supposedly has a certified inspection process, but why would anyone expect a front bumper to be missing its reinforcement and go looking for that? Is it possible it wasn't installed from the factory? Or that the vehicle history was falsified in some way?

I also have a warranty that says the car will be free from mechanical defect. Missing a front bumper reinforcement would be a mechanical defect, yes?

ddrueding

Fixture
I also have a warranty that says the car will be free from mechanical defect. Missing a front bumper reinforcement would be a mechanical defect, yes?

Yes. This is probably the easiest approach to take. Asking you to prove that you didn't remove it would be the shittiest (and most likely) approach that they will take.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
The race didn't go well.

My knee was blown out, and some bleeding from my left leg. He was all bruised up (a wave knocked him loose and he rattled around a bit).

What was the outcome of your knee injuries? Was a tendon ruptured?

ddrueding

Fixture
What was the outcome of your knee injuries? Was a tendon ruptured?

I don't think it was anything that serious. I don't go to the doctor, just ice and exercise (if possible). I couldn't walk on it at first, but it is mostly better now (still bruised, and I can't run on it, but better).

Handruin

Administrator
We happen to be the number one result from google when you search for "tylenol shelf life". I don't understand google.

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
I just finished walking on the streets (not as a pro :) ), and I'm in a world of hurt. Could go into detail but that would go >140 char. 10+mi today, 36 since Mon.

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
29mi last week + 36 this week, just finished showering. Haven't lost a pound yet, need to lose 50. Going to heat up a TJ's pesto pizza (best they have @TJ's IMHO), not going to add pepperoni, but I'm going to eat the whole thing, all 900cal. and drink 1/2 bottle of 2buck-chuck Shiraz = 2+k cal., then I'm going to have a Hagen-Dazz almond crunch IC bar = 360cal. so in one meal, I've eaten more cal than I should for the whole day!

No wonder exercising isn't helping me lose weight, at this rate I'll never lose :D world of hurt for nothing?

Need to walk 50+mi every week then (not that my joints can handle that, near pulled every hamstring and other leg muscle/tendon), or take up cycling to burn more cal faster.

ddrueding

Fixture
My econ teacher used to spend every summer riding his bike non-stop. He said the objective was to drink as much beer as possible and break even.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I did 110 miles on my bike between Thursday and Sunday. I don't drink a lot of beer the nights before riding though, it really makes for an unpleasant ride.

Yesterday I did 65 miles, much of it on crushed gravel. It was also around 85F degrees and sunny. The second half of the ride was pretty much punishment. Our plan was to ride one way and then take a commuter train back to the city, but that failed when we found that no bikes were allowed on the train because of the Taste of Chicago. This made little sense to me because the taste was ending 3 hours after the train departed. So, we were stranded 65 miles from home at 7pm with no lights. My girlfriend was not happy about driving out there to pick us up.

Mercutio

I *finally* get my car back today, if I can make it to the body shop before it closes.

CarMax had records of having removed the front bumper during its initial inspection of my car, so they figure the mechanic just forgot to put that piece back in.

Which is kind of scary on its own.

I bought new glasses this morning from the internets. They're probably going to be shipped from China but since they're $280 cheaper than I can buy them locally I don't think I care all that much. Oakley frames, even.

Stereodude

Not really a
I bought new glasses this morning from the internets. They're probably going to be shipped from China but since they're $280 cheaper than I can buy them locally I don't think I care all that much. Oakley frames, even.
Are those sunglasses? Where did you buy them?

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
4 SD (sorry LM)... rflmao, sorry i could only listen for 1/2 the vid, too damned silly. Hell, this is better than reefer madness.

white folk gonna get all riled up! They gonna rise up! Yeh sir, yeh sir, un-huh... praise the lord!

The guy wears cuff links, does the fancier tie knot, has a PhD...but if you could only listen to him you'd think.... :D tain't no MLK, dat's fer shur.

Don't recall how/if you can insert a Utub vid...hmm appears not, Handy needs to implement that (no twit, !pointless post...cept 2 U & LM :p )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hFiab7fjak&feature=player_embedded

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0hFiab7fjak&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0hFiab7fjak&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

paugie

Storage is cool
Just got back from the old house, had to watch while the guy painted the roof and did some repairs. No internet there.

When I used to do some running back in the 80's, I would gain weight during the first 3 months. Then I would lose weight after that.

I figured the exercise increased my appetite. It was only after 3 months of continuous exercise that my metabolism would have increased enough to burn more calories than I ate.

I was running only 12kms 4X a week. Never more than that. Maybe I'll try to get back in shape to run a half marathon in February next year.

Mercutio

I'd not try that option. The optometrist usually has to work with them quite a bit due to my face.

If it came down to it I'd probably slip in to a chain eyewear store and ask for help. I'd offer to pay or tip if necessary. Generally speaking the employees at those place are probably going to be apathetic enough that it's not an issue where the glasses came from.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I don't really get the appeal. I assume there is a new version of MS Office, but still.