Something Random

paugie

Storage is cool
The republicow actually looks like she's going to cry at one point.
I would, too, if I was in her shoes.
Hey, "strategist" as a title?? That kind of work would result (in chess) in a mate in 3 moves. Looked like and sounded like stepping on a slew of land mines.

iGary

Learning Storage Performance
Clocker said:
Here's something random...Channel 4 came to my house last Friday and broadcast the weather from my backyard....

You should've taken advantage of the situation and showed them your "collector's item" Oldsmobile to zillions of viewers -- complete with FOR SALE sign in window.

"If you look closely at this pristine windshield, you will notice that it has begun drizzling here at our suburban (Oakland County?) weather station."

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
We were in a randon drawing and won. :) I thought about pulling the car where the tent was during the broadcast but I'm doing pretty good on CraigsList so I think the sale will be complete in about a week... :)

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Something else random...
Set a motion sensor camera on the tree in my back yard where I set some carrots out for the deer. Caught some nice shots of a few bucks playing around! (Nevermind the date on the images, I installed new batteries and never reset it)...

http://www.kevandshan.com/deer/

ddrueding

Fixture
Yep. I'm essentially single; I'll be moving out very soon. I timed it to go with a 10-day trip she's taking so I have time to get out in an organized fashion.

ddrueding

Fixture
Where are you headed?

Greg

Not sure really, somewhere between Morgan Hill and South San Jose. Just need a simple, small apartment. Don't even want a kitchen. A bedroom with attached bath would be great; want to simplify as much as possible. Life is getting kinda complicated at the moment.

Handruin

Administrator
oh boy...things not going well? Sorry I don't know anything about divorce attorneys.

ddrueding

Fixture
Yeah, that would be me...but I told this woman that I want to marry her, buy a house together, and have her children...and I'm pretty sure I meant it. So, I guess, no more "bad man" for me.

ddrueding

Fixture
Yay! Internet access is up at my new place! I get to post from my own computer again; and just in time for my new machine (parts) to arrive on Monday.

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
Yeah, that would be me...but I told this woman that I want to marry her, buy a house together, and have her children...and I'm pretty sure I meant it. So, I guess, no more "bad man" for me.

Umm, not to be cynical or anything ;), but didn't you say the same to that secretary of yours a few years back? And, what goes around comes around, what's good for the goose, is good...

You dump one woman, cause you don't know why, but it just isn't a thrill anymore. So in another, oh I dunno, 6-mo. -2yr, either you'll dumb this woman(or is she the 'girl' with the husband, am I confused?), or better yet she'll dump you and you'll get to see the 'other' side of your actions.

Given your history, I wouldn't be succuming to the pangs of love (more likely lust) and telling her you want to have children with her, seeing how you have just started this cheating adulterous relationship. Don't you think living with her for a few months is in order before getting her pregers?

You're only 'pretty sure', damn man, think about what you're getting yourself into. Sounds irresponsible at best. Can you see yourself in court telling some old bag of a conservative female judge, for the decision about child support for that 'accident', that you were 'pretty sure' at the time! Yeah, the 'thrill' of having 'feelings' in a new relationship, umm how much longer before the thrill is gone? Wait until your brain chemical addiction to love (lust) subsides in a few years, then think clearly about whether or not you want to marry this woman or that one over there at the party, who's going to get a divorce, lol.

This sounds worse than FS, and his wife who didn't tell him that she wasn't taking birth control pills when he thought she was, and then the guy was bitter about the child born out of that deceit?

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!

Glad to hear you are settling down. Does the hubby own many guns? Or will he go quietly?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
This weekend I found out that re-shelving bibles and books of mormon to the fiction section is a good way to get kicked out of a Waldenbooks.

Handruin

Administrator
If you honestly did that, I give you props. :)

I went through Target this weekend pressing the "play" button on as many electronic Halloween toys in one area as I could find. The noise was monstrously great! I couldn’t stop laughing at all the noise.

Mercutio

I did.

The fundie bitch that manages the Waldenbooks in my local mall makes me show ID to buy a Playboy "Book of Lingerie", something I do every month. She says its company policy. I say she's a fundie bitch, and I actually called Waldenbooks' Corporate offices about it just to be sure.

Anyway, I went in there and reshelved a bunch of stuff, just to piss her off.

Handruin

Administrator
Mercutio, you'll appriciate this:

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/LAW/10/16/sticker.suit.ap/

Denise Grier, 47, of Athens, Georgia, got a $100 ticket in March after a DeKalb County police officer spotted the bumper sticker, which read "I'm Tired Of All The BUSH**."

A DeKalb judge threw out the ticket in April because the state's lewd decal law that formed the basis for the ticket was ruled unconstitutional in 1990.

ddrueding

Fixture
Yay! I'm moving again! I will be leaving Salinas and moving to Palo Alto on the 1st of next month. This will put me within walking distance of some of my dancing hangouts and a nice Margarita bar. Of course, I'll not be commuting south on 101 about 70 miles for work, but at least I'm awake for that.

I still need some legal help regarding divorce and immigration/visa issues. Is anyone here qualified?

Mercutio

It's good to know that it's possible for at least one of the chronically depressed, socially awkward techies who comes here...

Try okcupid.com. Everyone who isn't me seems to have good luck with it.

My latest OKCupid story.

OKCupid matches people by their scores on a series of tests. Only people above 75% compatible are considered a match. Worldwide, there are only about 200 straight women on that site, worldwide, who "match" me, and almost all of them are around the 75% number. Almost all my "good" matches for compatibility are gay women.
I have mentioned this before.

A few weeks ago, I got an e-mail from the site that said someone joined up who was 1. highly compatible, 2. Geographically close and 3. a straight female who was not seeing anyone. I sent her a message. She sent one back. I sent another one. Understand, this is more positive than anything that has happened to me in a very long time. Then I did not hear from her.

I logged in to the site over the weekend.
Now her profile says "Lesbian and Seeing someone."

I sure can pick 'em. Either that or I turned another one.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie