Something Random

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
IIRC they were some degenerates back then always doing something nasty. I guess the new crews are more mellow?

The Temptations still exit as some Brand, but originals are mostly long dead.

As I understand it, it's a giant joke for them and for their fans. But they're working stiffs who go out and tour in their... orc costumes?

In 2019, I accidentally wound up seeing Hu at a show in Las Vegas. I just happened to be out wandering around with my camera and some dude offered me a $10 ticket to see "Chinese Heavy Metal" (as Mongolians, they'd probably be pretty pissed at that description). Normally, not my thing at all but Vegas is a place where you can see a lot of weird and great stuff, so I chose to go. They couldn't fill a ~300 seat venue, but the show actually ended up being really fun. 2019 was actually the year they sort of broke out internationally, as this Youtube video with 125M views can kind of demonstrate.

Turns out that their music is kind of problematic, but in the pretty normal way that Asians all hate each other. Most of their music is about how their ancestors ruled everything a horse could get to for centuries and now they would look at their descendants in shame. But that sounds pretty badass on an electric Tovshuur and some backing throat-chanting.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
Oh yeah, you are in Queens so a natural Mets supporter?
No preference for me. I'm happy if either the Yankees or Mets reach the World Series. Both would have been great. The Mets have a longer drought though (last WS win was 1986).

My dad was a rabid Yankees fan. He also played ball for a while (in some neighborhood league). He was approached by a scout from the Red Sox once, but as a Yankees fan wan't interested.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
No preference for me. I'm happy if either the Yankees or Mets reach the World Series. Both would have been great. The Mets have a longer drought though (last WS win was 1986).

My dad was a rabid Yankees fan. He also played ball for a while (in some neighborhood league). He was approached by a scout from the Red Sox once, but as a Yankees fan wan't interested.
He probably saw the Yankees beat the Brooklyn Dodgers way back when.

I remember 1986 as a sucky year because the Angels had a great chance at their first World Series, but Donnie Moore came in for relief and gave up that home run in the 5th game when they were up 3-1. He killed himself a year or so later by suicide. :(

I was glad that Buckner f'ed up that grounder because I was so annoyed with Boston, not that I liked NY Mets in particular. At the time I had no idea that error would be so famous, even on the usual lists up there with Merkle's boner.

LunarMist

Maybe they just don't like the Wallpapers, or do they mean the LCD itself?

Last edited:

LunarMist

Regardless of who wins the series that ending in Game 1 was remarkable. Freeman's walk-off Grand Slam in the bootom of the 10th was a first in world Series History (nearly 700 games) and very reminiscent of Dodger Kirk Gibson's walk-off HR in 1988 since they both had leg injuries. The announcer Joe Davis immediately said "Gibby meet Freddie" and we were all thinking it. Vin Scully would have approved.