Something Random

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
As Bozo said, be sure to check with your Doctor. Low dosage aspirin therapy is similar to being on blood-thinners and can reduce the ability of your blood to clot up if you get a cut or something. Aspirin can also cause stomach problems for some people, even in low dosages.

ddrueding

Fixture
Ordered some new stuff from Newegg, UPS next-day shipping on 8/31/07. It is now 9/5/07 and I still don't have my goodies. First it was the three-day weekend that I had forgotten about, then they sent it to the wrong city, and now it has been "out for delivery" for 17 hours! It's 10:30PM!

And of course, this couldn't happen to some stuff for a client; that package (part of the same order) got here without a hitch. The package that is lost had the battery and tripod for my soon-to-arrive 20D, my new Q6600 with motherboard, and a 32GB SATA SSD.

Sorry, had to pout.

Handruin

Administrator
Neat, so you're getting into a canon 20D also? Did you buy it new, or is it used (given it's been around for a few years now)? I'm curious what you'll think of it; what lenses did you get?

ddrueding

Fixture
Neat, so you're getting into a canon 20D also? Did you buy it new, or is it used (given it's been around for a few years now)? I'm curious what you'll think of it; what lenses did you get?

I managed to talk Tannin out of one of his in a moment of weakness. ;) I'm hoping it will arrive tomorrow.

Which SSD did you get? This one?

Yep. And if it is as good as I hope, I'll be putting a 1.8" PATA in my ASUS R2Hv-A1.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Yep. And if it is as good as I hope, I'll be putting a 1.8" PATA in my ASUS R2Hv-A1.

Let us know how it subjectively feels after you test it out. $800 is to rich for my blood, but these things have to start coming down in price sometime.

ddrueding

Fixture
After getting lost, this package was theoretically "out for delivery" two days running, but he never made it to my door. I've finally had it, and put it on hold in another city, where I can pick it up myself. Hopefully I won't miss the camera while I'm out.

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
On this day in 1998, Google was co-founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were students at Stanford University. In 1997 the F-22 Raptor was first test flown. In 1969, Monty Python's Flying Circus recorded its first episode. In 1927, the first fully electronic television system was achieved by Philo Taylor Farnsworth. And in 1776, the World's first submarine attack occurred, as the American submersible craft Turtle attempted to attach a time bomb to the hull of the British flagship HMS Eagle in New York Harbor. Happy Birthday Shannon Elizabeth (1973), Julie Kavner (1950), Gloria Gaynor (1949), Buddy Holly (1936), Little Milton (1934), Peter Lawford (1923) and Grandma Moses (1860). RIP Warren Zevon (2003) and Keith Moon (1978 ).

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired."
- Jules Renard

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
My car's alarm system crapped out Wednesday.
My car won't start without it, apparently.
Dealer says it won't get fixed until they get a part, not til Tuesday.

Every single time I've had to take time away from work in 2007 it has been because of my car. That is aggravating.

However, I found a Wii today, so now I have a Wii. I only have the Boxing/Tennis game. I am thinking that is exercise, if I actually like it.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
21000 miles.
The Factory alarm system was "tampered with" (ie someone tried to steal my car), and apparently the car won't start without it.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
I would think that the alarm system did exactly what it was supposed to do. It prevented the car from being stolen.
Scum balls must have broke something during the attempt.
A day or two inconvienance is better than losing the car.

Bozo :joker:

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Were any of those days off from work related to Honda workmanship/defects, or was it the general bb gun toting vandals/criminals at fault?

Still, 6 day is too long a wait without compensation, they should have small parts like that within closer range.

ddrueding

Fixture
Sailors at sea experiance the same thing.

Quite so. I was racing from LA to Hawaii once (transpac), and the night shifts were the worst; minimal crew, everyone is tired (6 on, 4 off - shorthanded). The only thing that made it worthwhile was the stars at night, but if you looked for too long you would lose your balance and fall over.

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
On this day in 1997, NASA's Mars Global Surveyor reached Mars. In 1996, Union Pacific Railroad purchased Southern Pacific Railroad. In 1972, Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) in San Francisco, California begans regular service. In 1970, the Ford Pinto was introduced. In 1941, ground was broken for construction of The Pentagon. In 1940, George Stibitz pioneered the first remote operation of a computer. In 1915, the Pennsylvania Railroad began electrified commuter rail service between Paoli and Philadelphia. And in 1609, Henry Hudson landed on Manhattan island. Happy Birthday Harry Connick, Jr. (1967), Moby (1965), Brad Bird (1957), Brian de Palma (1940), Herbert Lom (1917), Paul "Bear" Bryant (1913) and Carl Zeiss (1816). RIP John Ritter (d. 2003), Jessica Tandy (1994), Peter Tosh and Lorne Greene (1987).

"To err is human--and to blame it on a computer is even more so."
- Robert Orben

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
I hate stereotypical human behavior

LOL, 4 very young Asian chicks talkin bout, how Asian guys need to be a turn on with self-confidence. Right then, let me pull out my big d**k and show you my confidence, real turn on right? So typical of backwards thinking women (there are forward thinking Asian women to be sure, just not enough of them, lol...then there are the completely whacked ones like actress Bai Ling)

http://www.la18.tv/Video.aspx?vid=27a1e719-16eb-4a79-ae03-d3e5bcf02429

Look as these silly women Merc, they sit on their fat lazy arses and expect males to be Friggin pea*cocks* for them, be aggressive in 'going' for it with them while they get to choose like some kind of meat market---pass on these kind of loser women, they don't rate a minutes worth of your time---I don't care with traditionalist DD says either! (had wicked hangover early this AM, will need some early sleep later today ;0 ).

I wouldn't want to know any of these 1950's mentality women. Get off your Effin arse, and you be assertive and date me, you try chasing me, so I can routinely crush your ego with rejection baby!!!...feels great to be the rejector, and make you miserable, yah damn stoopid women.

And this ends my daily misogynist rant :D (no really, I love women, just not these kinds of stereotypical types...gag!)

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
LA Harvest Moon Festival Sept 23, 2008

Well I stopped by at the end of the day for this event last year (some pics in a post somewhere her on SF from last year), but I don't know about this year. Even lousier (is that possible) musical performers, and they lost Volvo as a sponsor, now have crappy Chrysler (don't get me started on that old SF thread) as the one donating a Effin Jeep! Damn it, I want to win a free raffle Volvo, not a POS Jeep! I don't know if it's worth it to even take a quick peek this year, even if they have those same Hot Import Nights Chinese babes as car models in their tradiational Chinese shinny silk dresses, w/stilleto high-heels...yummm.

http://www.la18.tv/community_events_detail.aspx?eventid=dac07824-cac4-4394-9672-1bd1b5425193

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
Steam Trek: The Moving Picture (Star Trek Parody)
Its throwback mission: To go where no talkie has gone before.

On this day in 2000, Microsoft released both Windows Me and the most recent update to MS-DOS. In 1998, telecommunications companies MCI Communications and WorldCom completed their $37 billion merger to form MCI WorldCom. In 1959, the Soviet probe Luna 2 crashed onto the Moon, becoming the first man-made object to reach it. In 1958, German engineer Ernst Mohr's two rockets--the first German post-war rockets--reached the upper atmosphere. And in 1886, typewriter ribbon was patented. Happy Birthday Faith Ford (1964), Sam Neill and Jon "Bowzer" Bauman (1947), and Ivan Pavlov (1849). RIP Juliet Prowse (d. 1996), Grace Kelly (1982), US President William McKinley (1901), US Vice President Aaron Burr (1836) and John Harvard (1638 ).

"The trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used to be."
- Paul Valery

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I was recently asked to be a member of the team that's developing our first E-Flex vehicle. I am totally stoked!

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
Uda, you have once again succeeded in making my head hurt.

Youare not alone. I'd dnont know WTF he is going on about eitehrs. :)

Well I guess I expected a little too much then :).

How /bout I just post the link, you (mis)interpret as you like, comment about the link as you like, ask me quick questions about why I posted the link...and about a dozen or so short-mindless posts later, I'll just re-post my original post, which will then make much better sense to you (fingers crossed) :p

So here's the link again, (it means you are to listen, pay as much attention as you can...I started to gag about 2 minutes into it,,,wasn't exactly timing it though, could have been shorter, could have been longer, so did not watch the whole segement, have no idea how long these silly young women were going on with their 'giddiness'....err, you do understand 'giddness', can I at least get a confirmation on that part?), you watch it, then you comment.:alien:

Isn't that how your other SR posts go Merc, not that I understand why you link them, with so little explanation as to your motive/thoughts about those?

http://www.la18.tv/Video.aspx?vid=27a1e719-16eb-4a79-ae03-d3e5bcf02429

Oh I get it now, SR... "I need a digital camera, what should I get?"...how is that :p ?

Next dozen posts are you asking me a dozen questions, for details I should have put into the orignal one sentence post, yes???

Watch link above, comment if you like, or not. If you like (to comment) then I guess I'll respond with one or more reply posts, one sentence random thoughts on what it (meaning the linked material content) meant to me, not what you see in it (your opinions about the material in the link), lol. Really, it's so easy, even a caveman could do it.