Something Random

DrunkenBastard

Storage is cool
Be very careful flying Air Canada over long distances:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-04-17/pilot-thought-venus-was-a-plane/3954126

"A sleepy Air Canada pilot mistook the planet Venus for an aircraft and then sent his airliner diving towards the Atlantic to prevent an imaginary collision, an official report said.

Sixteen passengers and crew were hurt in the January 2011 incident, when the first officer rammed the control stick forward to avoid a plane he wrongly thought was heading straight toward him.

"Under the effects of significant sleep inertia (when performance and situational awareness are degraded immediately after waking up), the first officer perceived the 'oncoming aircraft' as being on a collision course and began a descent to avoid it," Canada's Transportation Safety Board said.

"This occurrence underscores the challenge of managing fatigue on the flight deck," chief investigator Jon Lee said."

Most other carriers require at least 3 pilots for a flight of that duration. Grabbing a cat nap in the cockpit itself is just a tragedy waiting to happen.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Did your date even go well? Can you at least say if it was good or bad?

There will be additional future outings. I'm trying to convince her to go to my special screening of the Avengers but it's on a night she normally works.
For that matter, I'd probably have to take a half day just because of where and when it is. Maybe we can crash at timwhit's.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
There will be additional future outings. I'm trying to convince her to go to my special screening of the Avengers but it's on a night she normally works.
For that matter, I'd probably have to take a half day just because of where and when it is. Maybe we can crash at timwhit's.

My wife loves it when I invite strippers over.

Handruin

Administrator
In most posts timwhit's humor and retorts are dry. I read it his way (as in, his wife would no likey).

Mercutio

Some of my friends who are ladies do read SF. Two of them, anyway.
Both of them are down with the strippers. One of them is decidedly pro-stripper.

Mercutio

Yes. :)

But sechs has moved a couple times I think.

dd, Buck, Santilli are all well north of LA. Lunar has never actually sent me anything (even though he said he would) and I think sechs has hopped between coasts at least once.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Yikes, today is not going well! Normally I always put the phone on mute for global conference calls when I'm in the toilet. :(

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I received another e-mail from "Customer Service BJ" regarding the order I placed. Is it just me, or is that not the best name choice for a business sender address?