Something Random

ddrueding

Fixture
They are not ripped to my "NAS". First, I don't have the space for that and beyond that... Without going into a long-winded rant, the "short" version is that there's no suitable 3D playback solution for the PC. FFMPEG/Libav doesn't support MVC decoding and all the hardware decoders in the video cards for 3D don't have an open API to them, so only Arcsoft TMT (which has since been pulled from the market) and PowerDVD can play back 3D Blu-ray in Windows because they paid for access to the API in the video hardware. PowerDVD is a pile of poop. Arcsoft was decent, but won't bitstream audio with my last two video cards. Linux support is even worse. The Rpi 2 with Kodi can do 3D playback with frame packed output with 7.1 LPCM audio (no bitstreaming), but in general Kodi has problems with the UDF format used on 3D discs. There are some test builds, but they're apparently still not capable of flawless playback. There's also no menu support in Kodi. Some of the Chinese Android boxes claim 3D ISO support, but they all have quirks if they even do it. Like 24.000Hz output instead of 23.976Hz output or other issues.

So, yes I stuff the disc in a standalone 3D Blu-ray player to watch 'em. Why? Because it actually works.

Thanks for that. Is the only limitation 3D?

Stereodude

Not really a
Thanks for that. Is the only limitation 3D?
Not exactly... If you want want to mount a disc and have menus on the PC you're pretty much out of luck outside of the commercial software which of course have their own issues. VLC is working on getting menus working via their project libbluray. I'm not entirely sure how well it's working since I want to use madVR. The open source community doesn't seem very interested in menus even though you can't properly play many movies off the Blu-ray disc without them. Movies that have forced subtitles can have individual subtitles in the captioning track that are flagged as forced. They will be shown even if the subtitles are turned off if that's the active track. A movie can also have a separate track with only forced subtitles in it. They also may not be forced via flagging. The track is just set active even though you have subtitles "off". This is done via a Java VM command that is issued when you start playback from the menu that selects / activates the right track(s) / streams.

Even though MPC-HC and other software like Kodi can playback a Blu-ray disc they don't run the menus or parse / see the VM commands. They basically pick the longest playlist on the disc and play it. This likely means the right subtitle track isn't being monitored for forced flagging. LAV only watches the first subtitle track it finds for forced subtitles of the flagged variety. If a movie has a hearing impaired subtitle track it will be the first one, and it's not going to have the flagging but that's the track LAV watches. All this means you're watching a movie and potentially have no idea that you're missing forced subtitles. So, you get to check during playback all the English subtitle tracks when you hear a foreign language spoken and don't see subs. Your spouse will love this. The whole process of testing each English subtitle track and rewatching the same snippet several times to check to see if subtitles pop up with one of them.

FWIW, Kodi has been working on integrating libbluray, but no idea when they will activate the menu support portion.

Ripping to .mkv is much better from a playback standpoint. You effectively handle the subtitles during ripping. During the ripping process you manually check the subtitle tracks for forced flagging or for tracks that should automatically be selected / activated. You can flag them to be turned on by default in the .mkv and control the order they're in so LAV will monitor the right track for flagged forced subs. Of course you don't get menus or any special features with a .mkv.

Sound great right? :scratch:

ddrueding

Fixture
My wife and I have wanted a standing/sitting desk for quite a while. Our desk is nearly 10' long and spans the front window in the house. One of the big issues with adjustable height desks is the cable management. Sticking the electronics in the desk, mounting the linear drive motors in the wall, and cantilevering the whole thing would be a pretty clean solution.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital

I'm OK with it. The convenience of the file and PC-based playback normally outweighs any interest I have in special features or a BD's god-awful menu system. If I like a movie enough to have actually purchased it, yeah, I'll probably actually watch the special features once. But probably 2 out of 3 times the extra features are on Youtube in a week anyway.

Of course, almost all the movies I'd actually buy are big studio productions and I'd rather throw my media purchasing budget toward support to podcasters or webcomics that I know need my help to survive than, say, Disney.

Stereodude

Not really a
I'm OK with it. The convenience of the file and PC-based playback normally outweighs any interest I have in special features or a BD's god-awful menu system. If I like a movie enough to have actually purchased it, yeah, I'll probably actually watch the special features once. But probably 2 out of 3 times the extra features are on Youtube in a week anyway.

Of course, almost all the movies I'd actually buy are big studio productions and I'd rather throw my media purchasing budget toward support to podcasters or webcomics that I know need my help to survive than, say, Disney.
I agree that if you're going to rip your movies to a NAS .mkv works much better than an .ISO of the whole disc. I also agree that the loss of menus and the special features isn't a big deal most of the time. However, I still think it's quite ridiculous that I can't pop a disc in a BD-rom drive with AnyDVD HD running and have the movie play with the correct subtitles tracks selected / monitored and the like without messing with it.

Handruin

Administrator
Not exactly... If you want want to mount a disc and have menus on the PC you're pretty much out of luck outside of the commercial software which of course have their own issues. VLC is working on getting menus working via their project libbluray. I'm not entirely sure how well it's working since I want to use madVR. The open source community doesn't seem very interested in menus even though you can't properly play many movies off the Blu-ray disc without them. Movies that have forced subtitles can have individual subtitles in the captioning track that are flagged as forced. They will be shown even if the subtitles are turned off if that's the active track. A movie can also have a separate track with only forced subtitles in it. They also may not be forced via flagging. The track is just set active even though you have subtitles "off". This is done via a Java VM command that is issued when you start playback from the menu that selects / activates the right track(s) / streams.

Even though MPC-HC and other software like Kodi can playback a Blu-ray disc they don't run the menus or parse / see the VM commands. They basically pick the longest playlist on the disc and play it. This likely means the right subtitle track isn't being monitored for forced flagging. LAV only watches the first subtitle track it finds for forced subtitles of the flagged variety. If a movie has a hearing impaired subtitle track it will be the first one, and it's not going to have the flagging but that's the track LAV watches. All this means you're watching a movie and potentially have no idea that you're missing forced subtitles. So, you get to check during playback all the English subtitle tracks when you hear a foreign language spoken and don't see subs. Your spouse will love this. The whole process of testing each English subtitle track and rewatching the same snippet several times to check to see if subtitles pop up with one of them.

FWIW, Kodi has been working on integrating libbluray, but no idea when they will activate the menu support portion.

Ripping to .mkv is much better from a playback standpoint. You effectively handle the subtitles during ripping. During the ripping process you manually check the subtitle tracks for forced flagging or for tracks that should automatically be selected / activated. You can flag them to be turned on by default in the .mkv and control the order they're in so LAV will monitor the right track for flagged forced subs. Of course you don't get menus or any special features with a .mkv.

Which utility do you typically use when ripping to mkv containers? I'm more than happy to skip all the menu crap after being enraged with being forced to watch advertisements of movies on a BR disc.

Handruin

Administrator
I agree that if you're going to rip your movies to a NAS .mkv works much better than an .ISO of the whole disc. I also agree that the loss of menus and the special features isn't a big deal most of the time. However, I still think it's quite ridiculous that I can't pop a disc in a BD-rom drive with AnyDVD HD running and have the movie play with the correct subtitles tracks selected / monitored and the like without messing with it.

This drives me crazy too that I can't just simply watch my BR disc on my PC. I've spent a bunch of time learning and figuring out MPLS files to get the correct english playlist when converting a movie. The fun ones are movies which try to obscure the playlist by adding hundreds of them in some attempt to thwart those of us who want to convert our media or watch it outside of a living room player. I'm looking at you Insurgent (2015).

Stereodude

Not really a
This drives me crazy too that I can't just simply watch my BR disc on my PC. I've spent a bunch of time learning and figuring out MPLS files to get the correct english playlist when converting a movie. The fun ones are movies which try to obscure the playlist by adding hundreds of them in some attempt to thwart those of us who want to convert our media or watch it outside of a living room player. I'm looking at you Insurgent (2015).
Not sure if you know this, but AnyDVD HD inserts a disc.inf file in the root of the disc structure. If the disc contains playlist obfuscation there will be a line telling you which playlist to use for proper playback. I attempted to get the MPC-HC authors to parse the file (if present) and use the line (if present). However, I see that as of 1.7.10 they have not implemented it.

However, for the Insurgent Blu-ray I have (2D from 3D combo set) AnyDVD HD doesn't detect playlist obfuscation.
Code:
[disc]
type=BD-ROM
version=AnyDVD HD 7.6.7.0 (BDPHash.bin 15-08-10)
totalsectors=23994112
label=INSURGENT
speedmenu=0
region=-1
3D=0
fps=23

But I can see from the output of eac3to it definitely has it. I'm going to create a logfile for the disc and submit it to them.

For the 3D disc AnyDVD HD detects the playlist nonsense...
Code:
[disc]
type=BD-ROM
totalsectors=22768288
label=INSURGENT
speedmenu=0
region=-1
playlists=765, 843
3D=1
fps=23

Handruin

Administrator
Not sure if you know this, but AnyDVD HD inserts a disc.inf file in the root of the disc structure. If the disc contains playlist obfuscation there will be a line telling you which playlist to use for proper playback. I attempted to get the MPC-HC authors to parse the file (if present) and use the line (if present). However, I see that as of 1.7.10 they have not implemented it.

However, for the Insurgent Blu-ray I have (2D from 3D combo set) AnyDVD HD doesn't detect playlist obfuscation.
Code:
[disc]
type=BD-ROM
totalsectors=23994112
label=INSURGENT
speedmenu=0
region=-1
3D=0
fps=23

But I can see from the output of eac3to it definitely has it. I'm going to create a logfile for the disc and submit it to them.

For the 3D disc AnyDVD HD detects the playlist nonsense...
Code:
[disc]
type=BD-ROM
totalsectors=22768288
label=INSURGENT
speedmenu=0
region=-1
playlists=765, 843
3D=1
fps=23

I wasn't aware of that feature in AnyDVD so thanks for pointing it out. Though in my case it still wouldn't have helped for Insurgent but good to know I should look there. It's easy to spot now anyway because Handbrake takes forever to parse through hundreds of MPLS files which signals that there is some weirdness happening and I need to google which MPLS to use.

Do you know of any decent online database for tracking MPLS files such that one can select their native language and know which MPLS to use? Normally Handbrake gets it right but I have to guess on many of them by doing previews based on the subtle differences in m2ts files based on BDInfo.

I'm wondering if I've been going about this all wrong. Perhaps I should have simply been using MakeMKV with the raw contents of each disc and then let Plex Transcode the video for each formatted device rather than let handbrake reconvert all the video files. When I'm at home I can use direct stream (I need to test this) to get the original quality and remote users get transcoded reduced bitrate versions. I need to experiment a bit to see. Fortunately I've been saving all the disc rips knowing that I'd likely get this wrong the first few times.

Stereodude

Not really a
Which utility do you typically use when ripping to mkv containers? I'm more than happy to skip all the menu crap after being enraged with being forced to watch advertisements of movies on a BR disc.
Well, I don't really make unaltered .mkv's of BD discs much. However, I usually use ClownBD for demuxing since it's easier than using eac3to from the command line. It also looks at the disc.inf file for the playlist line and will use it if present. I use it to demux the streams I care about (chapters, lossless audio, main video track, and all English subs). I then look at the English subtitle tracks with bdsup2sub to see which ones are relevant / necessary and whether they have individually flagged forced subtitles. Chapters for the .mkv are a little bit tricky since the .txt file output from eac3to can't be read directly by mkvtoolnix. ChapterGrabber can use either the .txt file ClownBD / eac3to spits out, or you can point it at the disc and pick the appropriate playlist. If you load the .txt file make sure you change the frame rate to 23.976. ChapterGrabber can save a .xml chapter file that can be loaded into mkvtoolnix.

Drop all the video, audio, and subtitle tracks in the mkvtoolnix GUI. Pick the .xml chapter file in the appropriate section of the program. You can set the language for each track, whether they are enabled by default, whether they are forced, etc. If you have a subtitle track with individually flagged forced subtitles, make sure it is the first subtitles track muxed into the .mkv since that's the only subtitle track LAV will monitor for individually flagged forced subtitles. If you have a separate subtitle track with only forced subtitles you can set the track to be forced (enabled by default) in mkvtoolnix.

It's possible there's an easier way to do all this, but I don't know of it. I can't really see how a program could automate the subtitle situation since it requires manual inspection, or how it could be done going directly to .mkv without the intermediate files since you wouldn't know which subtitle tracks to include at the start.

Stereodude

Not really a
Do you know of any decent online database for tracking MPLS files such that one can select their native language and know which MPLS to use? Normally Handbrake gets it right but I have to guess on many of them by doing previews based on the subtle differences in m2ts files based on BDInfo.
No, I don't. Googling the name of the movie and mpls and looking for results on forums is probably the best you can do. This 2D Insurgent disc from the 3D combo set is the first disc I've come across in years that it didn't get right. It's possible it would find the proper playlist on yours unless it's the identical pressing.

I'm wondering if I've been going about this all wrong. Perhaps I should have simply been using MakeMKV with the raw contents of each disc and then let Plex Transcode the video for each formatted device rather than let handbrake reconvert all the video files. When I'm at home I can use direct stream (I need to test this) to get the original quality and remote users get transcoded reduced bitrate versions. I need to experiment a bit to see. Fortunately I've been saving all the disc rips knowing that I'd likely get this wrong the first few times.
I'm not sure if MakeMKV + Plex will be able to give you single click playback of the right playlist and without the futzing around with subtitles. I've never tried it, but I might have to see what MakeMKV does.

Handruin

Administrator
No, I don't. Googling the name of the movie and mpls and looking for results on forums is probably the best you can do. This 2D Insurgent disc from the 3D combo set is the first disc I've come across in years that it didn't get right. It's possible it would find the proper playlist on yours unless it's the identical pressing.

I'm not sure if MakeMKV + Plex will be able to give you single click playback of the right playlist and without the futzing around with subtitles. I've never tried it, but I might have to see what MakeMKV does.

I tried MakeMKV and it mostly works. I had to manually extract the playlist in the menus of MakeMKV to build me the correct file. For my test I used Toy Story 2 on BR since this was one that I recently got the wrong playlist for and it included French intro titles. It took about 5-7 minutes for MakeMKV to build me the video file and another few minutes to transfer over to my NAS. The file Ended up being about 22GB vs around 8-9GB after what handbrake had converted. I told MakeMKV to include all the audio tracks and all subtitles. For handbrake to convert this file it would take 4-6 hours.

After that I was able to stream to my PC without an issue. I tried native resolution and it streams just fine. I then tried it on my Roku 3 and the first issue I found is I have to deselect the Direct Stream option in order to get the native resolution which was calculated at 35Mb/sec. After I did that it streamed fine. I tried a few other bit-rates and resolutions and it transcoded fine also even with direct stream selected. This might be a decent option to get full playback quality of a blu-ray and the expense of more storage space. I can also see all the various audio tracks and subtitle tracks that are contained in the movie.

Stereodude

Not really a
I tried MakeMKV and it mostly works. I had to manually extract the playlist in the menus of MakeMKV to build me the correct file. For my test I used Toy Story 2 on BR since this was one that I recently got the wrong playlist for and it included French intro titles. It took about 5-7 minutes for MakeMKV to build me the video file and another few minutes to transfer over to my NAS. The file Ended up being about 22GB vs around 8-9GB after what handbrake had converted. I told MakeMKV to include all the audio tracks and all subtitles. For handbrake to convert this file it would take 4-6 hours.
What do you mean manually extract? I tried MakeMKV on a AnyDVD decrypted .ISO file as well as direct on an encrypted blu-ray disc in a BD-ROM drive. I had to manually select the right playlist on both, which is a bit of pain since it only shows the playlist number on the right side after clicking on the playlist in the tree on the left. After that it gave me a .mkv file with the streams I selected. I'm testing a disc with subtitle challenges now to see what it does.

Handruin

Administrator
I may be saying the same thing as you just not as specific. I'm manually going through the MakeMKV menu and selecting the video stream I want to extract. For all of my movie discs up to this point I've ripped using AnyDVD's "Rip Video Disc To Hard Disk" option leaving me a directory of files. I open MakeMKV and point it to the "MovieObject.bdmv" file for my specific movie (example below). MakeMKV spends a few minutes parsing the directory structure and eventually leaves me with something like this:

I look for the title that I want which contains the correct playlist for my language and select it along with all the audio streams I want to use.

After clicking the Make MKV button it takes a few minutes and in the end I have an MKV container with the original contents of my Toy Story 2 BR.

Stereodude

Not really a
I may be saying the same thing as you just not as specific. I'm manually going through the MakeMKV menu and selecting the video stream I want to extract. For all of my movie discs up to this point I've ripped using AnyDVD's "Rip Video Disc To Hard Disk" option leaving me a directory of files. I open MakeMKV and point it to the "MovieObject.bdmv" file for my specific movie (example below). MakeMKV spends a few minutes parsing the directory structure and eventually leaves me with something like this:
But there was nothing in the program that let you know the first of the three seemingly identical titles was the right one with all English content though right?

My test of The Wolverine worked okay. There are 2 English sub tracks on the Blu-ray. One is subtitles, the other is captions (hearing impaired) I had them both checked and the (forced only) options for both checked. It created 3 subtitle tracks in the .mkv. It duplicated only the flag forced subtitles into another 3rd subtitle track and set that track as on by default in the .mkv. I'm trying it again to see what happens if I don't check the (forced only) box. With how LAV works as long as the subtitle track and not the caption track is first they will show up during playback.

Handruin

Administrator
But there was nothing in the program that let you know the first of the three seemingly identical titles was the right one with all English content though right?

My test of The Wolverine worked okay. There are 2 English sub tracks on the Blu-ray. One is subtitles, the other is captions (hearing impaired) I had them both checked and the (forced only) options for both checked. It created 3 subtitle tracks in the .mkv. It duplicated only the flag forced subtitles into another 3rd subtitle track and set that track as on by default in the .mkv. I'm trying it again to see what happens if I don't check the (forced only) box. With how LAV works as long as the subtitle track and not the caption track is first they will show up during playback.

That's correct. I had to manually view each of the different segment numbers using VLC media player to see which one had the English version of the title. When I found the one that did, I chose that playlist. This is no different using Handbrake. It tries to make its best guess but has often times chosen incorrectly.

Where are you seeing an option for "forced only" when selecting audio tracks? Is this in a different utility? That's a good point about forced subtitles. I have to find a movie that uses them to see what happens with MakeMKV. I'm assuming the forced subtitles won't display? Handbrake has done a decent job of doing this for me using their menu options.

Handruin

Administrator
That's correct. I had to manually view each of the different segment numbers using VLC media player to see which one had the English version of the title. When I found the one that did, I chose that playlist. This is no different using Handbrake. It tries to make its best guess but has often times chosen incorrectly.

Where are you seeing an option for "forced only" when selecting audio tracks? Is this in a different utility? That's a good point about forced subtitles. I have to find a movie that uses them to see what happens with MakeMKV. I'm assuming the forced subtitles won't display? Handbrake has done a decent job of doing this for me using their menu options.

I did a quick test with using MakeMKV on my BR of Lord Of The Rings The Fellowship Of The Ring (2001) and The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey and confirmed that forced subtitles are overlayed in the video. I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're trying to accomplish but this solves one pain point I've had through this process. Some movies had been missing this text dialog duirng certain scenes.

Stereodude

Not really a
Same as ClownBD / eac3to too. You have to figure it out yourself.

I only saw the (forced only) option for subtitles.

I did a quick test with using MakeMKV on my BR of Lord Of The Rings The Fellowship Of The Ring (2001) and The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey and confirmed that forced subtitles are overlayed in the video. I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're trying to accomplish but this solves one pain point I've had through this process. Some movies had been missing this text dialog duirng certain scenes.
I'm trying to see how it works. I don't think copying the flagged forced subtitles into another track is necessary (it's certainly not for .mkv playback with MPC-HC using LAV filters). LAV will still show them if they're individually flagged as forced and are in the first subtitle track even if it's turned off. My last test showed it did not include the entire subtitle track even when the sub option of (forced only) was not selected. It only kept the flagged forced subtitles. :erm: Not what I'd expect.

Ultimately, I want to include subtitles (not captions if a disc has both), even if they're not forced in the .mkv. However, I don't want them to display unless I turn them on. I want forced subtitles to display without any manual intervention on my part. MakeMKV does this, but basically you requires you to include all the English subtitles to get there. It also duplicates flagged forced subtitles into another subtitle track.

I'd say MakeMKV is obviously easier to use as it's an all in one program and doesn't require intermediate "work" files and can extract direct from the drive. However, aside from easy of use (being all in one) doesn't really solve any of the outstanding issues with Blu-ray ripping. It doesn't handle playlist obfuscation / can't determine the right playlist on its own. It also won't give me a file with the subtitles exactly the way I want them (though the resulting file does play suitably without manual intervention). Interesting program, but I won't be paying $50 for it. Another odd quirk is that it doesn't see one of the Blu-ray drives in my PC I was testing it on.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
That's Google being "smart" based on your location. Just manually go to google.com

It keeps diverting every request. Then it asks if I want to translate the page to English. :cursin:

The Bing works even on the Android browser. :)
I don't like the Google anyway, but this is the final straw. :mad:

Handruin

Administrator
So, I swear I have my 3D Blu-ray buying under control. :rotfl:

pQHzoG1.jpg

Everyone makes a custom Blu-ray "case" of out a cardboard box from Amazon with a boxcutter, packing tape, and a little wood glue right?

xDjzMdn.jpg

Best buy has some reasonable deals going for 4-packs of Blu-rays. I was thinking of picking up the set of Matrix movies.

Stereodude

Not really a
Best buy has some reasonable deals going for 4-packs of Blu-rays. I was thinking of picking up the set of Matrix movies.
I already have the Matrix movies & Animatrix on Blu-ray from the Red2Blu thing Warner Brothers did after HD-DVD died. The 3 Matrix movies have been $6.96 for all 3 (no Animatrix) on Blu-ray as part of the Black Friday promotions at Walmart the last two years. BTW, that picture is just my 3D movies. I have a lot more 2D Blu-rays.

Most of the other 4 pack titles don't interest me.

Handruin

Administrator
I already have the Matrix movies & Animatrix on Blu-ray from the Red2Blu thing Warner Brothers did after HD-DVD died. The 3 Matrix movies have been $6.96 for all 3 (no Animatrix) on Blu-ray as part of the Black Friday promotions at Walmart the last two years. BTW, that picture is just my 3D movies. I have a lot more 2D Blu-rays.

Most of the other 4 pack titles don't interest me.

I realize these were your 3D BR discs. I was passing along other deals in case you might have been interested. I'm not really interested in giving Walmart any of my money so I never watch for their deals. :)

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
That's Google being "smart" based on your location. Just manually go to google.com

You'll be redirected to your local google automagically. I know, I've had this for the last so many years and don't care now anymore. If I want to be specific, I'll suffix the country after my search term to restrict to a specific geographical area.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Or you could just VPN to an IP inside the country where you'd prefer your Googles.

Every so often, I accidentally browse the web on my dedicated VPN (outbound) machine, which makes Google think I'm Swedish. It doesn't redirect me to Google.se on other PCs, but it DOES keep magically changing my language preference.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
It keeps diverting every request. Then it asks if I want to translate the page to English. :cursin:

Delete all your cookies and internet history.

ddrueding

Fixture
Maximum overkill.

[video=youtube_share;LXOaCkbt4lI]https://youtu.be/LXOaCkbt4lI[/video]

Should have gone with dual PSUs and Titan Xs, but oh well.

Handruin

Administrator
Maximum overkill.

[video=youtube_share;LXOaCkbt4lI]https://youtu.be/LXOaCkbt4lI[/video]

Should have gone with dual PSUs and Titan Xs, but oh well.

I was surprised they didn't use multiple PSUs also given how feasible it is these days. The thing I read about the video cards is that it was rumored consumer-based nvidia cards don't play nicely the virtualization pass-thru and to get it to work seemlessly the much more expensive quadro cards are needed. This is something nvidia does intentionally...but that statement may require more substantiation and sources to confirm so take with a grain of salt.

After watching this video and seeing pictures of your own rig being water-cooled, I've been doing more research for my own setup to do a custom water cooled setup. Nothing quite like this but it started to cause an itch. I mainly want to reduce the fan noise on my GPUs when folding all the time.

ddrueding

Fixture
It is quite fun, but if you aren't willing to risk some hardware, build the loop on the rig then remove it from your hardware before leak testing. I've lost two GPUs and a MB from bad a connection in the past. Yes, this was a single install. Yes, it was with a motherboard that had built-in waterblocks for the chipset so I couldn't leak-test away from hardware. Still shouldn't have had the GPUs in there...

Handruin

Administrator
I'm still reading and researching what it would take to do it right. Once I get some data I may post here for some additional feedback and suggestions from those like you who have some experience in doing this. I'm also contemplating switching out my motherboard, CPU, and RAM to an X99 like I originally wanted to do this time last year but I didn't feel like the motherboards were stable enough for my own liking.

ddrueding

Fixture
The new Skylake chips are good enough that I wouldn't bother with X99 at this point. Even the i3 @ 3.7Ghz stock I got for the kid is pretty darn fast.

Stereodude

Not really a

At least you get something. Google doesn't work at all in the country in currently in.