Something Random

ddrueding

Fixture
New. Lenovo servers configured by them. Much faster turn around than Lenovo themselves, always have stuff in stock, and if you really spec a system up (24x SSDs, for example) they will be much cheaper.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
New. Lenovo servers configured by them. Much faster turn around than Lenovo themselves, always have stuff in stock, and if you really spec a system up (24x SSDs, for example) they will be much cheaper.

Something like a fully filled RD650 or you stay in the X Series (former IBM)?

ddrueding

Fixture
RD650. Here is my latest quote:

LENOVO THINKSERVER RD650 NEW SERVER
Processors: 2 X INTEL XEON 14 CORE PROCESSOR E5-2697V3 2.6GHZ 35MB SMART CACHE 9.6GT/S QPI TDP 145W
Memory: 16 X 16GB DDR4-2133 MHZ 2RX4 RDIMM MEMORY (SUPPORTS UP TO 768GB OF MEMORY TOTAL, 24 DIMM SLOTS)
Hard Drives: 8x SAMSUNG 1TB MLC SATA III 2.5 INCH SFF SSD 850 PRO MULTI LEVEL CELL 6GB/S SATA3
Additional Storage: 1x 32G Flash Memory Module
Drive Bays: 8 X 2.5 INCH SFF SAS/SSD/SATA HOT PLUG HARD DRIVE BAYS
Raid Controller: THINKSERVER RAID 110I ANYRAID
Optical Drive(s): DVD RW
Management: THINKSERVER SYSTEM MANAGER PREMIUM
Networking: 1 X INTEGRATED GB MANAGEMENT ETHERNET PORT + 1 X ANYFABRIC SLOT
Additional Networking: 1x INTEL X540-T2 DP 10GB PCI-E 2.1 X8 5.0 GT/S ( 2 ) TWO RJ-45 PORTS ETHERNET ADAPTER
Slots: UP TO 3 X PCIE GEN3 SLOTS
Power Supply: 2x DUAL REDUNDANT POWER SUPPLIES 1100W 80 PLUS PLATINUM HOT SWAP
Dimensions: 2U 19 X 3.4 X 30.1 INCHES (482 X 87 X 764 MM) 35LBS MINIMUM
Rail Kit: RAIL KIT INCLUDED

Warranty: 3 YEARS LENOVO WARRANTY + 2 YEARS IT CREATIONS WARRANTY

$13,250

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
BTW, you know that since you have chosen RDIMM instead of LRDIMM, your RAM will operate at 1866MHz instead of its rated 2133MHz? RDIMM DDR4 only operates at full frequency when only one DIMM per channel is used (hence 4 DIMM per socket). If you want to put more and you still want it to run at 2133MHZ, you need LRDIMM. There used to be a margin between both memory types, but it has vanished. You'll probably even save money now by opting for 32GB LRDIMM instead of going for twice as many 16GB DIMM.

You'll know it for next time, unless it was a concious choice you made for a reason unknown to me.

ddrueding

Fixture
Not a decision made by me at all, that part of the spec I left to them. And I haven't bought that rig yet, so I will bring it to their attention ;)

Actually, the next rig they build for me will probably be for Microsoft Storage Spaces as an alternative backup location.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Speaking of internet retailers with useless web sites, has anyone looked at Newegg in the last few days? They've ditched the left-hand column that used to have the power search options, like which ATX boards have a 4-lane PCIe slot or eight USB 3 ports. The power search isn't in their mobile app any more either, so I can only assume it's a deliberate choice.

ddrueding

Fixture
Speaking of internet retailers with useless web sites, has anyone looked at Newegg in the last few days? They've ditched the left-hand column that used to have the power search options, like which ATX boards have a 4-lane PCIe slot or eight USB 3 ports. The power search isn't in their mobile app any more either, so I can only assume it's a deliberate choice.

Shame; that was the only reason I went there.

Handruin

Administrator
I still see the power search when I visit them. I can filter on number of USB ports on a motherboard like in the example you suggested.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
CODE

It is annoying how frustratingly unbrilliant I feel after spending an hour searching for an error in only 73 lines of PHP/MySQL code that I wrote, and it was simply a missing quotation mark in an echoed font class. It certainly is not the first time, and won't be the last. But I felt like saying something about it.

TYPO:
Code:
echo '<div id="modellist">' . $data21['sn'] . ' <font class="invalid>' . $data21['cstatus'] . '</font> ' . $data21['snstatus'] . '</div>';
FIX:
Code:
echo '<div id="modellist">' . $data21['sn'] . ' <font class="invalid">' . $data21['cstatus'] . '</font> ' . $data21['snstatus'] . '</div>';

Handruin

Administrator
Handy, thanks for the tip.

Do you, or anyone else, have experience/feedback/opinion regarding Drupal?

It has been a very long time since I've tried creating a site using Drupal so I'm not really experienced enough with the recent versions to really give feedback. Like most things I would say it really depends on what your goals and requirements are which would help in determining the right framework or engine to help you get there.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Doug's IDE suggestion is good. PHP has a tendency to eat errors rather than show something useful.

Too bad there isn't a statically typed language that will run on a cheap ISP.

ddrueding

Fixture
I am glad my products aren't in this classification yet.
My buddy and I fly fixed wing RC planes like the Multiplex TwinStar.
My buddy's filmed flights.

He has a DJI quad, which he has registered and uses for work. He's also an AMA member.

The AMA has been pretty adamant about their members not registering, I think they want a legal case to challenge. I have a number of Radians, some other smaller quads, and a huge flying wing running ArduPilotMega with full instrumentation and enough capacity to carry a DSLR. I have not yet had the nerve to actually do such a thing.

Stereodude

Not really a
The FAA has no authority to make you register anything. This is just a typical gov't power grab. Just like when the EPA claimed ownership of all ditches and trenches on private property because they were "navigable waters" using the Clean Water Act as cover The FAA supposedly derives its power from the interstate commerce clause of the Constitution. How you flying a quad at low levels over has any bearing on interstate commerce I can't quite figure. Court cases have made it quite clear you own the airspace over your property to a 500' AGL just like you own the mineral rights under it.