Something Random

Nitsirk

What is this storage?
I have his e-mail address, as I'm sure other forum members do as well. However, I've only ever e-mailed him a few times in not in the past several years.

I somewhat apologize that I am a lurker on your forums. I find you all interesting people (first introduced by Merc several years ago) but I don't have much to add to your conversations aside from a comment here or there. I last talked to Merc on Nov 10 and he was "just Merc," not happy, maybe a bit depressed, but overall in normal health. In other words, normal for Merc. I've texted him today with no reply but that isn't out of the "normal zone." If he sees this maybe he'll crucify me for talking to Internet people about his shit, but Internet people are his friends too.

So, with that said........
Storageforum members, yes I can find him, but I won't do that yet, give him space, you've seen this before.......
Merc, don't kill me if you went MIA for personal space, I respect it but at some point people need to know you are okay, including me.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
I last talked to Merc on Nov 10 and he was "just Merc," not happy, maybe a bit depressed, but overall in normal health. In other words, normal for Merc. I've texted him today with no reply but that isn't out of the "normal zone."
Good to know, thanks.

Storageforum members, yes I can find him, but I won't do that yet, give him space, you've seen this before.......
Absolutely. I have his email address, but am holding off contacting him to respect his need for silence.

sedrosken

Florida Man
Website
sedrosken.xyz
In other, less worrying news, the Cloudbook is now running VoidLinux. Why? Because the RAM savings are massive, bootup times are nearly nonexistent, and I had been meaning to do a clean Arch install (in an effort to maybe fix my kernel woes) anyway, so why not mess around with this for a bit and see where it goes. The savings in RAM let me move from IceWM to XFCE4 (my DE of choice) and maintain roughly the same level of RAM usage, give or take thirty megabytes or so. Right now my main problem seems to be finding packages! A lot of the games I play (mostly FPS source ports) and even certain tools I use don't have packages available, meaning I will have to manually build them from source manually if I want to use them. There is no analog to the AUR. Yikes. And the included Wine binary package is 32bit only. Lovely, my main prefix can't be used with it, I'll have to recreate it. :cursin:

And my phone is running an unofficial CM14.1 build now, meaning it runs Android 7.1. Was it worth a wipe of my device? Sure, considering I was going to do it anyway. Handles really well, I like the new features a lot. It's a touch unstable, but no worse than CM13 or indeed the stock 5.1.1 ROM were.

snowhiker

Storage Freak Apprentice
I'm thinking positive thoughts. Merc has been reverse gang-banged by all his stripper friends. He's recovering and will be back soon with details.

Nitsirk

What is this storage?
My WD Green is probably the best drive I own. Nothing compares.

*hides*

I just installed every Adobe application onto my WD hard drive that resides inside my S*ny computer.

Specifically a S*ny DVD RW under windows server 2000. I hear they're urine-proof.

I'm thinking positive thoughts. Merc has been reverse gang-banged by all his stripper friends. He's recovering and will be back soon with details.

These all make me LOL. Merc maybe not so much. :twistd: For now, Merc as far as I know is busy with family holiday stuff. I'm sure he's fine but I'll go look for him if he doesn't resurface after Thanksgiving holiday. :) Cheers to you all and your families! Happy Turkey day to all in the US! Gobble Gobble. :)

Nitsirk

What is this storage?
These all make me LOL. Merc maybe not so much. :twistd: For now, Merc as far as I know is busy with family holiday stuff. I'm sure he's fine but I'll go look for him if he doesn't resurface after Thanksgiving holiday. :) Cheers to you all and your families! Happy Turkey day to all in the US! Gobble Gobble. :)

Merc is alive, don't worry about him. Contact has been made (although super brief.)

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Merc is alive, don't worry about him. Contact has been made (although super brief.)

Thanks. I hope he takes this opportunity to consider a life change. He's obviously not happy in the Indian a.

Handruin

Administrator
Happy Birthday jtr! Hope you have a great day and don't have to deal with sump pumps too much. :)

:b-day:

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!