Something Random

Stereodude

Not really a
Getting to South Carolina is proving to be challenging. My first flight has been delayed by over 4 hours. Now I can't even get there tonight.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Getting to South Carolina is proving to be challenging. My first flight has been delayed by over 4 hours. Now I can't even get there tonight.

Bummer. :( Is there a gecko-man in the air traffic controller, or are delays caused by thunderstorms?

Stereodude

Not really a
Some Squamata were involved, no doubt. :D
I'm sure. So I'm actually going to make it to South Carolina before dawn. I was originally supposed to be on the 2nd to last flight from Atlanta. The put me on the last one after I wouldn't make the one I was originally booked on. The last one had a 75 minute delay which is the only reason I made it. I will end up getting in about 2.5 hours late. My poor sister will have to pick me up from the airport at 1:45am or so.

LunarMist

I'm sure. So I'm actually going to make it to South Carolina before dawn. I was originally supposed to be on the 2nd to last flight from Atlanta. The put me on the last one after I wouldn't make the one I was originally booked on. The last one had a 75 minute delay which is the only reason I made it. I will end up getting in about 2.5 hours late. My poor sister will have to pick me up from the airport at 1:45am or so.

Can you take a taxi or the UBER?

LunarMist

My prescription sunglasses are now at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean. :(

Damn, you are not having much luck lately. :(
Can you use clip-ons with regular glasses until you get another pair?
Normally I use the strap type eyeglass holders outdoors, but I don't need to wear glasses for distance.

Stereodude

Not really a
Can you use clip-ons with regular glasses until you get another pair?
I bought a pair of clip on sunglasses today.

The ones i lost were probably 20 years old, but I used them for driving in my car. I took them to SC with me though.

I had been intending to get better prescription sunglasses like real sun glasses that are prescription instead of tinted lenses in normal glasses frames. However, my general laziness won out. Now i will have to actually do something.

LunarMist

I bought a pair of clip on sunglasses today.

The ones i lost were probably 20 years old, but I used them for driving in my car. I took them to SC with me though.

I had been intending to get better prescription sunglasses like real sun glasses that are prescription instead of tinted lenses in normal glasses frames. However, my general laziness won out. Now i will have to actually do something.

Just refrain from using them during the lunar eclipse. ;)

LunarMist

Houston is canceled. I have to travel to 8 states in the next three weeks. :(

LunarMist

It looks rather bad today too. :( I wonder whatever happened to the iGary and his alter egos?

DrunkenBastard

Storage is cool
It looks rather bad today too. :( I wonder whatever happened to the iGary and his alter egos?

"Houston's George Bush Intercontinental and William P. Hobby airports are closed until further notice, and Corpus Christi International is closed for at least 24 hours"

I would say for flooding we haven't even seen the start of the worst yet. 50" of rain forecast in areas.

LunarMist

On the drive home from my vacation we went from NW Wyoming to central Arizona in a day. 852 miles in 15 hours. Started a 3:20am (2:20am AZ time) and got into Flagstaff at 5:30pm AZ time. First 3 hours in total darkness. Thank God for google map directions on friends iphone.

I still travel with a regular GPS with US/Canada or other area maps installed including topo maps in some cases. Phones are useful in many places, but in some areas off the main highways there is little to no cell reception to provide detailed maps.

ddrueding

Fixture
I still travel with a regular GPS with US/Canada or other area maps installed including topo maps in some cases. Phones are useful in many places, but in some areas off the main highways there is little to no cell reception to provide detailed maps.

Google will now let you cache areas of the map to your device in advance, so it works without service. Still not as good as a dedicated device with updates maps when offline, but much better when online (traffic data, etc).

LunarMist

What is the softenware that reads the human writing and evaluates the gender, personality and mental condition of the subject?