Somewhat news/rumor: AMD Radeon R9 Nano coming on August 27th

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Here's the link to the source.

At 175W for 85-90% of the performance of the Radeon R9 Fury X and with such a small form factor, this card will be interesting if it indeed launch by the middle of next week. Depending on the price, of course.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Someone else linked that story in the Radeon R9 Fury X thread IIRC. Good for AMD.

I'm more interested on how it performs for the FAH client though.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
My first thought about this thing: where am I going to get an SFF power supply that will deliver the combined ~400W one might reasonably want for an ITX gaming rig? I know it's possible to get ITX chassis that support ATX power supplies, but those rigs typically support full size graphics cards as well.

Also: $650 and no available anywhere on launch day.

sdbardwick

Storage is cool
Silverstone makes acceptable 600w SFX (essentially 1/2 the size of ATX) PSUs. Not perfect in terms of DC quality or acoustic noise, but won't fry anything and will be quieter (or at least less annoying) than anything with smaller fans.

snowhiker

Storage Freak Apprentice
Yeah it was a paper launch.

And $650 is way too high. Should have been priced around $550-600

Many decent ITX cases will hold a full length dual-slot card anyways, so the smaller card (and power envelope) is nice but less performance at same price equals "head-scratch."