State of Blue Rays

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
What do you recommend for an internal SATA Blue Ray that will also function as a good DVD±RW? I only have the one bay free for opticals. OS is Win 7 x64 and I don't have any Blue Ray softars. I'm not sure if anything is needed or not. If so, it might be better to get a retail boxed drive with software. Thanks.

ddrueding

Fixture
I use opticals so rarely that none of my systems have one built-in. At home I do a lot of ripping, and for that I have an external (Plexstor PX-LB950UE) which has served me very well.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
I have a Sony internal BR/DVD burner at home. At work I use a USB attached BR/DVD burner. ( I would give you the brand/model number, but someone must have it locked in their office )
I use AShampoo free burning software for both.

Stereodude

Not really a
What do you recommend for an internal SATA Blue Ray that will also function as a good DVD±RW? I only have the one bay free for opticals. OS is Win 7 x64 and I don't have any Blue Ray softars. I'm not sure if anything is needed or not. If so, it might be better to get a retail boxed drive with software. Thanks.
Are you looking to burn discs or play movies?

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Yes, that sort of use. Playing is more important than burning, but I still want to be able to make the occasional CD/DVD or whatever for utilities. I'm not sure how useful burned Blue Discs are.
I have too many external devices as it is, so that is not a good idea. I also do not have any naïve USB 3.0 ports to boot from.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I've have Samsung, LG, Pioneer and S*ny drives. Pioneer drives have been the only ones to fail on me. The fastest drive I have for ripping is a slimline Samsung drive in a USB3 enclosure.