Support Storageforum - Amazon.com affiliate program

Handruin

Administrator
If you would like to consider helping to support this site through the use of Amazon affiliate program (currently in the USA only), please consider using the link below. When using the link below you will show Amazon.com that storageforum.net is referring business to them and by doing so Amazon.com will provide a commission that ranges from 4% to 8% or more.

These funds will be used to help support and maintain this site. By clicking the link below you will create a session with Amazon.com that will last for one hour. All items purchased will count towards referring business. The affiliate code may also be used throughout forum posts to help direct referring business to amazon.com. A link shall be provided both with and without the affiliate code giving you the option to optionally and willfully support the site if you so choose to do so.

Current list of Affiliates (12.09.2015)
  • Amazon ()

Disclosure notice:
Storageforum.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.

Last edited:

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Great idea. It is my new bookmark for Amazon! Does using the link have any effect on the prices Amazon is charging?

Handruin

Administrator
I got a rejection for approval for the affiliate so I guess it won't matter for now. I appreciate the support on this.

snowhiker

Storage Freak Apprentice
Or, since Amazon blew you off, you could just give us an address and we could send: checks, money orders, cash, first-borns, H&B, etc.

I'd much rather just send you $$$ directly than fool with any affiliate program. That way I don't have to spend a huge amount of money on something just for you to get a meaningful amount of financial support.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I was not familiar with that H&B terminology either either although I remember in the late 70s-early 80s the cocaine was popular amongst people with money.
Back then I new what B&H was. :)

Newtun

Storage is nice, especially if it doesn't rotate
I got a rejection for approval for the affiliate so I guess it won't matter for now. I appreciate the support on this.
Seriously, is there no way to find out how to get affiliated? Send them a list of FS links to Amazon products, discussions of Amazon Prime and items on sale, etc.?

I, for one, would not object to Amazon ads on the site to support it financially.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
Most of us have AdBlock or something similar. Ads wouldn't help. A clearly labeled link would be better IMO.

Handruin

Administrator
Or, since Amazon blew you off, you could just give us an address and we could send: checks, money orders, cash, first-borns, H&B, etc.

I'd much rather just send you $$$ directly than fool with any affiliate program. That way I don't have to spend a huge amount of money on something just for you to get a meaningful amount of financial support.

I appreciate the suggestion and generosity. Many have been very generous throughout the years and this attempt wasn't to suggest that funding is at all required. I participate on other sites much like many of you and one of them was using amazon with referrals so I thought that given the number of times throughout the years people have sent business to amazon through referrals that it might make sense to become an associate and get some mutual benefit. I wanted this to be such that we would continue to not have ads placed on the site but rather make it completely an opt-in action. I wouldn't want anyone to feel obligated to buy anything of substantial cost just because you thought it would help (like girl scout cookies, or those $40 barrel of popcorn you seed parents trying to sell you).

Handruin

Administrator
Seriously, is there no way to find out how to get affiliated? Send them a list of FS links to Amazon products, discussions of Amazon Prime and items on sale, etc.?

I, for one, would not object to Amazon ads on the site to support it financially.

Not from what I've gather from the associate's forum. The members there who have gone through this have given suggestions but they also do not know the exact reasons why amazon might reject this site. Some thought maybe the sudden influx of referral revenue was a trigger for suspicion of gaming their system. Others thought that having just a forum with low new participation might make this less desirable because the thought would be less new traffic would be generated to amazon.

I was told I have one chance to appeal their decision but I should make sure that everything is in order and all terms of service are met (which I thought they were).

Newtun

Storage is nice, especially if it doesn't rotate
Most of us have AdBlock or something similar. Ads wouldn't help. A clearly labeled link would be better IMO.
Most of us know how to disable AdBlock for a web site, or could figure it out.